Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm having a hell of a time trying to get my car to pass emissions. The tune I used to pass last time wouldn't pass because apparently **** changed in October. After I emailed Doug at bamachips, he supplied me with a different tune that he said fooled the new inspection... but now I'm getting more engine lights from it and my car still won't pass.

Initially it wouldn't pass because the "rear 02's needed to be reset" - there ARE no rear 02's....

Then I got a code about an EGR valve? - no clue what that even is.
But when I cleared the code and drove the car around it didn't come back.

Now I'm getting

Catalyst - Per Trip / Incomplete (No Cats)
Evaporative - Per Trip / Incomplete (Not sure why this is not setting)
Oxygen Sensor - Per Trip / Incomplete (Back O2 sensors not connected to anything)
Oxygen Heater - Per Trip / Incomplete (Back O2 sensors not connected to anything)

when the car is plugged into the inspection machine.

Someone please help lol I'm at a lose.

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
You need mil eliminators and/or a tune that shuts off the egr which is prob deleted on your car. your tune should fix most of that. the per trip just means it hasnt had enough time to complete a cycle for the emissions.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I think the evaporation one means the evaporation system, which prevents gasoline vapors from escaping from the fuel tank/fuel system. Your tuner may have turned it off.

Take this with a grain of salt though, because this is only an assumption with nothing to be based off of.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You need mil eliminators and/or a tune that shuts off the egr which is prob deleted on your car. your tune should fix most of that. the per trip just means it hasnt had enough time to complete a cycle for the emissions.
mil eliminators are illegal to sell now. Good luck finding them.

Like trick said. You need to have the rear 02 sensors ON. I've heard of people having all 4 02 sensors on and isntalled and with a special tune they passed the sniff test. If Doug turned your rear 02 sensors on then you need to install them and hope for the best.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have u tried going to a shop and clearing all of your codes right before you get ur inspection. Sometimes u can trick the inspection before u go, but this only works for the codes, you can not trick the sniffer. But getting ur codes cleared will cost u unless u know somebody.
Another thing the evap code might only be coming on since your other codes, sometimes once u get so many codes other codes which dont really matter start to pop up just because the computer is being retarded. :eek:

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Universal o2 simulator dual output [unv-o2sim2] - $40.00 : O2 Simulator, E-commerce

I have a set of these but I never have put them in the my car. I bought them as insurance if my tune wouldn't pass inspection and never needed them. Some guys have said they don't work but if you look up some of the reviews on their site there are a couple of guys with S197's that have had success with them. I have no rear O2's and used an "inspection tune." I don't know what is different in Vegas than in Texas as far as inspection goes.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Have u tried going to a shop and clearing all of your codes right before you get ur inspection.
No deal. When you clear the codes (or flash a tune, or pull the battery), you reset the p1000 monitor code and all the monitors need to be run again. Sometimes it can take a week or 2 to clear the p1000 if you don't do the couple hour drive cycle.

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
No deal. When you clear the codes (or flash a tune, or pull the battery), you reset the p1000 monitor code and all the monitors need to be run again. Sometimes it can take a week or 2 to clear the p1000 if you don't do the couple hour drive cycle.
Yep yep.

My car has a o/r x-pipe but I couldn't pass cause of the EGR delete.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
theres no shops around you you could pass inspections at ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
we have never had any problems but most of the cars we clear have not been modded.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
buy a sticker

1 - 16 of 16 Posts