Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MM's DRUNKEN SAILOR & master **** shoveler
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know a good place to get tires?

The guy that owned this truck before me put 16.5 wheels on it, with 35x12.5 tires. (BFG mud terrain KM2 MT) and i would like that same tire. it has lasted me 5 years about about 60k miles.

but i cant find them anywhere....well i can....but only in 16" and 17" only thing i can find in 16.5" is one type of A/T tire. and thats not for me.

if anyone can find these tires (BFG mud terrain KM2 MT) new at 35"x12.5x16.5 i will rep rape the living dog **** out of you!

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Check for military surplus. I know the hummers use that wheel. When we (Jeep guys) buy them we get the beadlocked rims and tires for like 250$ but they arent brand new.

I never looked much into it but maybe it will help. :dunno

·
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've seen a few auctions for used military tires. but im not really looking to buy used. thanks though.

hell...if nyone can find any decent mud tire that comes in 16.5" ill rep rape the **** out of you!

with the exception of super swamper thornbird tires.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts

·
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah 36 & 37 are both tires i can fit. 35" is just the smallest i would go, anthing smaller and the truck would look funny lol.

and BTW sick i repped you thanks again.

and thank you buddah--repped

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts

·
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sick if oyu can search the companies ill buy you a hooker, then buy some tires. lol

and its a 2002 dodge ram 1500 SLT, 5.9L 4:10 gears 3" body lift. not the best truck ever but its gets me to where i hunt tows good and makes it around the farm just fine. only ever been stuck twice.

ill post a picture once photobucket loads...work computer slow...

and im leaning towards these tires. TrXus MT | Interco Tire havent heard bad about them yet lol. unlike the thornbirds.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Yeah Ill see if there is any other options out there for ya.

Those arent bad tires. Whats the price per? I imagine they are around 250-300$ish?

·
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
about 300 bucks per tire. pretty much the average for anything this size new from what im seeing.

thanks agina for all your help!

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Yeah it sounds about right, There isnt anything else on quadratec either. But what kind of wheel do you have?

·
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
only reason i dont just up and buy new wheels is because this should be the last set of tires i ever buy for it. by the time this next set weat out some one else should own this truck lol.

thanks for the link to those TSL's that discount tire link hasnt loaded yet. but i might pull the trigger on those TSL's

·
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
honeslty they are some knock off wheels as far as i know. they are knock off cragars or american racing rims.

and that discount tire link is the only type of tire from BGF that i can find for my rim. and its not whats on the truck lol. im going to read some reviews on those TSL's and then most likely buy them. thank you!

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
They are amazing tires, I have used them on my Jeep. Great on road and good off. They last forever too!

·
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well like you said the going rate on those TSL is like 25,000-30,000 miles those are out of the running.

going to research the trXus MT tires maybe i can find a place that actually sells them lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts