Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys recommend as far as wax goes for my color? and what do you guys use to clean and not scratch your chrome wheels?

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Over the counter wise, Meguiar's Gold Class. If it was my choice and money was no object, Pinnacle Souveran Paste.

Wheel wise, you can go to a store and get the Meguiar's Chrome Wheel cleaner. I've used the Aluminum one and besides the smell it worked pretty good on my dad's car.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried gold class before...it didnt give me quite what I was looking for..it seemed dull and shallow...Megs NXT really made it look deep and bright, I just thought maybe there was something dark color specific? what did you use for a rag on the wheels?

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
You can also go to a store and get a wheel cone. It's a microfiber cone shaped brush that works really well.

I have had great success with Meguiar's Gold Class in the past even on black cars.

If you want a dark color and overall great product, try this. BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection
I've never been able to find it anywhere else. I'm thinking about picking some up myself.

Also, you're not going to get that rich, deep luster out of your car without proper polishing and paint correction. A wax will only protect it and add minor 'pop' to the paint.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan on buffing it before spring...I have a PC DA...I also have access to a adams dealer about 10 minutes from my house lol In all honesty the car could proably use repainted...im picky as hell lol I know it wont be perfect regardless of what products i use I jus want it to be as close as possible. as far as the wheels go...they're brand new so i wanna get it right from the start

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
That Wet Diamond does look nice... intresting how it says it has a polymer in it that reflects light. Would really compliment the Clear coat. If you get and try it let me know.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Ah, thats the Vette from that link you gave me.

Ya... next detail session I am goin with that stuff for sure.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
myd dad has a black vette just like that...minus the wheels and the z06 badges lol it lookes every bit as perfect though :D Im always looking for something better for his car and mine lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.