Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I'll let him chime in with more input and more pictures when he's available, until then the video is 100% him , enjoy.

bluesmoke/trueblues comments and input

As far as the review goes here's a couple notes:
Strip washed the whole car with CG Citrus Wash&Clear @ 2oz/gal. Then sprayed with IPA, rinsed and dried.
All of them got their own applicator and microfiber.
Not all of these waxes were applied via manufactures instructions, all were applied, allowed to haze, then buffed off. The reasoning behind this was that while all of these are carnuba based, all but SuperNatural have sealant properties to them, and sealants have to cross link and all that jazz, so we let them haze.

Smells: (no particular order)
Pete's 53 - Tropical, coconut
Fuzion - Faint bubblegum
AGHD - Strong Paint thinner
SuperNatural - Clean laundry, very faint
SuperNatural Hybrid - Faint Paint thinner, clean laundry
Purple Haze Pro - Dark chocolate raspberry
Blue Velvet Pro - Mixed berries

Application/Removal: (Easiest to Hardest)
Fuzion
SuperNatural
SuperNatural Hybrid
Purple Haze Pro
Blue Velvet Pro
Pete's 53
AGHD

The top four were all very similar, with a definite difference between the last three.

Beading/Sheeting:
From what we could tell they all performed the same (watch the video in the first post from SON1C :) )

I will report back tomorrow about depth/wetness/gloss tomorrow when hopefully the sun comes out.

Thanks for reading

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Nice review, cant wait to see it in daylight.

I MAY have to put some Fuzion on the mach 1 and see if its the paint type that caused my fuzion to not impress on the corolla. TBH pete's didnt do as well on the corolla as it does on my mustang so maybe ill see how Fuzion does on the mustang instead.

Nice beads man!! Im really glad to see Fuzion doing better on your car because i think i have 1 pot of mine sold and i can maybe keep the other haha.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice review, cant wait to see it in daylight.

I MAY have to put some Fuzion on the mach 1 and see if its the paint type that caused my fuzion to not impress on the corolla. TBH pete's didnt do as well on the corolla as it does on my mustang so maybe ill see how Fuzion does on the mustang instead.

Nice beads man!! Im really glad to see Fuzion doing better on your car because i think i have 1 pot of mine sold and i can maybe keep the other haha.
I agree
its not may, give fuzion some love man :lol
its not my car! its bluesmokes!
definitely keep it long enough to get a full application or two out of it, not like it really depreciates

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I agree
its not may, give fuzion some love man :lol
its not my car! its bluesmokes!
definitely keep it long enough to get a full application or two out of it, not like it really depreciates
i know its blues car, its different color...lol

Yea we will see how fuzion goes, like you said it doesnt depreciate lol.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Okay so he ended up posting the vids, came out nice son1c!

I don't have any more pictures to add untill tomorrow, i might take some overall pictures who knows.

As far as the review goes here's a couple notes:
Strip washed the whole car with CG Citrus Wash&Clear @ 2oz/gal. Then sprayed with IPA, rinsed and dried.
All of them got their own applicator and microfiber.
Not all of these waxes were applied via manufactures instructions, all were applied, allowed to haze, then buffed off. The reasoning behind this was that while all of these are carnuba based, all but SuperNatural have sealant properties to them, and sealants have to cross link and all that jazz, so we let them haze.

Smells: (no particular order)
Pete's 53 - Tropical, coconut
Fuzion - Faint bubblegum
AGHD - Strong Paint thinner
SuperNatural - Clean laundry, very faint
SuperNatural Hybrid - Faint Paint thinner, clean laundry
Purple Haze Pro - Dark chocolate raspberry
Blue Velvet Pro - Mixed berries

Application/Removal: (Easiest to Hardest)
Fuzion
SuperNatural
SuperNatural Hybrid
Purple Haze Pro
Blue Velvet Pro
Pete's 53
AGHD

The top four were all very similar, with a definite difference between the last three.

Beading/Sheeting:
From what we could tell they all performed the same (watch the video in the first post from SON1C :) )

I will report back tomorrow about depth/wetness/gloss tomorrow when hopefully the sun comes out.

Thanks for reading :usa

·
Resident Ford Rep
631 Posts
awesome stuff. Can't wait to pair my new fuzion with the free sample of deep gloss that's I have coming too. All in all I think it's been a great month for everyone. I mean SON1c is even back from the depths of banned hell

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
:yes Blue Velvet Pro is supposed to be a hard wax, but it is much softer than the Banana Armour I have, which I would agree is harder to apply/remove than Pete's.
That's very interesting b/c BA is very hard. I figured they would be the same. It is probably also b/c you let Pete's haze and that's a PITA. . .

·
Registered
479 Posts
That's very interesting b/c BA is very hard. I figured they would be the same. It is probably also b/c you let Pete's haze and that's a PITA. . .
Yeah BA is super hard, and BVP is actually quite soft. Pete's actually came off a lot better this time than it did last time for me, just not as easy as the others.

Doesn't look like there is going to be any sun out today :(

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Possibly b/c Pete's is WOWO. It's not fun to use once it hazes up (for me at least). Interesting about the softness of dodo though. Hopefully there are some visual differences when the sun comes out in some of them.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
BA buff off is very easy but this is in moderately warm weather, in colder weather it becomes more cumbersome to buff off, and BVP is incredibly easy off, one of the easiest I've ever used
SON1C Synopsis 18 : Dodo Juice - Banana Armour Carnauba Wax Review - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum
The removal of BA was easy but the application was not as easy or as smooth as Pete's I would say mostly b/c BA is so much harder of a wax than Pete's. Pete's isn't supposed to haze up though so that would make it much harder to remove.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The removal of BA was easy but the application was not as easy or as smooth as Pete's I would say mostly b/c BA is so much harder of a wax than Pete's. Pete's isn't supposed to haze up though so that would make it much harder to remove.
i disagree with the constistency of the wax playing a big part here petes is roughly just as hard as banana armour
I would rather work with BA over petes any day personally
if ba is harder to apply for you, try having more of it on your applicator I have some good examples of this in some pictures I haven't posted yet

·
Registered
726 Posts
Possibly b/c Pete's is WOWO. It's not fun to use once it hazes up (for me at least). Interesting about the softness of dodo though. Hopefully there are some visual differences when the sun comes out in some of them.
I agree with you Shook.

I tested a small section to see what happens if you let Pete's haze. It was like wiping concrete (as delicately as I could) off my paint.. :facepalm:

WOWO FTW for Pete's.

Next wash or two I'll be stripping off the BFWD/Pete's and try BFWD+BA :)

Great review Son!c!

-Blink

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree with you Shook.

I tested a small section to see what happens if you let Pete's haze. It was like wiping concrete (as delicately as I could) off my paint.. :facepalm:

WOWO FTW for Pete's.

Great review Son!c!

-Blink
lol thank you but this isn't mine! this is bluesmokesixxer's review / true blue review
blink you should try the waxes alone, bfwdps is going to make most waxes look great :lol

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
I agree with you Shook.

WOWO FTW for Pete's.

Great review Son!c!

-Blink
The manufacture instructions say WOWO for a good reason ;). Just like you said it's not easy to get that stuff off after it hazes.

DJ BA doesn't melt like Pete's which is what makes Pete's so easy to apply. They are stored in the exact same place and neither waxes were over a month old in their containers and I have to constantly rub my fingers in DJ BA to get some warmth in there to heat it up just b/c it's much harder and doesn't melt like Pete's.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Maybe letting Fuzion haze is the key to getting good results. Doesnt make sense that the directions say wowo when letting it dry obviously yields better results and is fairly easy to remove.

Sent from the cell

1 - 18 of 18 Posts