Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about getting some true duals on my 99 gt i want them cause most people dont have them what do you guys think

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody??

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
:lmao lmao!!!

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im talking no x or h pipe

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
oh well dude if u like the way 2 sets of 4cylinders sound go ahead

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
im talking no x or h pipe

Sorry to be blunt (wanna smoke one as well lol jk), but thats DUMB! You need backpressure!!! Stay with an x or h... for 2 reasons... it'll sound better and it'll give you much more hp and tq ranther than straight's because of backpressure (you want backpressure).

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
+16587142827217512 on that 1 he's right and it would sound like crap like what i was saying

·
Registered
428 Posts
The x or h pipe helps with exhaust scavaging. It allows the exhaust pressure from the firing side of your engine escape over to the side that isnt firing. Thus, the pressure now can use both pipes instead of one. That allows for faster and easier exhaust scavaging. And the faster you can get air in and out of your car, the more power you can make. Plus it would sound like crap with out one IMO.

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok well it was just a thought cause on old cars they sound bad ass

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
my car had straights when i bought it and sound like hammered ass....... not to mention just by putting mufflers back on the car was a world of difference

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Wow okay I started to second guess myself *true duals*! Unless your making crazy hp dont run straight thru!

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok well thanks i guess i got what i wanted out of this i didnt know how it would do ill just go offroad x with headers and catbacks

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
guys he is talking about running two pipes... one from each side and not having them connected. not running straight pipe....... btw man... it sounds so bad with old cars because the ones that do that always have big cams and it distinguishes them more... for your mod motors it is better to have them breathe off of one another... o/r x in my opinion because not only does it sound better but it flows better because the back side of the x acts like a vaccuum and pulls the air out of the motor...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i love my x pipe dont get me wrong, but there is the option of mac prochamber...sounds like an H flows like an X

·
Registered
87 Posts
True duals on a V6.

sounds pretty good to me. I'm not sure what the min required back pressure is but there is probably a set up out there to obtain it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts