Modded Mustang Forums banner

Which should be my first modification to my car?

• leave it stock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • if you choose this option leave me a suggestion...greatly appreciated :)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im new to this forum..looks like a great site.. but anyways ...to the point... i have recently bought a 1995 mustang off of my sister. it has the 3.8in it and its a 5 speed. it hasnt come yet im still wiating for it... but while im waiting i would like to be building my sub box for it. so does anyone have a pattern or dimension for a box that will fit a 12" sub?? (that will actually fit in this small trunk) or at least have all the trunk dimensinos that i can use as a reference? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.....mrbetz :D

·
My Stallion is Bigger!
3,009 Posts
Here's a tip. Use the money for the sound system and put an intake and exhaust like your poll indicates :D BTW welcome to MM. I have a 95 V6 also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx man that would be awesome...if it wasnt too much to ask could you measure the height of your trunk too plz? if u dont wanna thats ok:p :rockon :rockon but ya thanks peace

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
hey ive got a 2000 mustang and i put 1 12in sub and IT BARELY fit throught drunk, i had to take of a lever thing for the trunk to get it in, if u build it i strongley recommend buildin it inside the truck, especially if its for 2 12's i cant imagine it fitting in there unless built inside.

i'd actually recommend 2 10's it hits faster and pretty much as loud, u wont notice a diff at all prettymuch

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can you not just flip the back seat down and slide it in that way? I was planning to put (2) 15's in my trunk. I don't have my car yet though, but I will be getting a '01-'04 Stang pretty soon.

Does anyone know if the '01-'04 Mustangs' back seats flip down?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
rocko1290 said:
Can you not just flip the back seat down and slide it in that way? I was planning to put (2) 15's in my trunk. I don't have my car yet though, but I will be getting a '01-'04 Stang pretty soon.

Does anyone know if the '01-'04 Mustangs' back seats flip down?

they do flip down but GL putting (2) 15"s in and having them sound good, the trunks are just not that big...

my next post will be with specs

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Rough Measurements 99-04 Trunks

3-1/2 Feet Wide with about 3-4 inch extra on side towards the ass end of the car...

15 Inches High clearing the stock speakers (my box is 15" high)

Back seat 11-1/4 Inches to slide thru without takeing the bracket off.

Trunk opening clears a 10 inch deep box

again these are rough u may be able to add a few inches to the width and trunk openening depending on what u do... the height is max tho!!!

HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE

·
Registered
2 Posts
SUBS IN THE STANG

i got a 03 mustang MIDNIGHT BLUE!! but anyway, you can fit 2 12's in there. i had 2 kicker cvr in there they were pointing up. then i got rid of them(too weak) and got 2 solo barics 12 L7's. i had to take the spare out, put the box in, then put the spare back in. and the spare can come out without taking the box out. so it is possible......WITHOUT BUILDING THE BOX IN THE TRUNK LOL

·
Registered
185 Posts
i have a 98 mustang GT with mach 460 and i fit 2 12's with a 1000 watt amp in it, the only thing i had to do is take the trunk seal off, and it slid right in, like a virgin! lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Have 2 12's in my '94 the box is 13"h x 30"l x 15"d. I want to upgrade but my new bow is 15"x15"x30". Its only two inches taller but im not sure if i can make it fit. Does anyone know if a box this size will slide in?
Thanks

·
Registered
1994 mustang gt. 5.0 wct5
1 Posts
@bossmustang94: You said that you had two 15’s in your 94. Ive got two 15’s in my 94 gt but they are just mounted on a board behind the back seat and no box. It hits ok but i know it should blow glass with my 5k rms amp pushing them. How did you have yours in? As many detail as you could give that would help me out would be appreciated!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts