Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im lookin to put the battery in the trunk...I need suggestions other than spendin $100+ on a kit lol pics of your setup would be much appreciated :)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Here's all the pics I have of mine... Cost me about 50 bucks for the zip ties, 20 feet of zero gauge, and the little terminal male/female connections. It isn't track legal or whatever, but I don't give a ****, cause I don't track my car! :)

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Summit Deluxe Kit.....

wiring to switch......

switch hidden in license plate....

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Ok, its cause there's a few more inches of room on the right side of the trunk because of the spare tire pit. :)

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
The best place to mount the battery is the right side. Along with cleaning up the engine bay, putting it on the right side offsets the driver weight.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Mine pretty much looks like the first car pictured so no point in posting mine

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
For best wieght transfer, you want the battery mounted in the right rear of the trunk

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
get a plastic blx too...lighter

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im thinkin about makin a tray myself and also makin a dogbone looking piece of aluminum to go over the top of the battery with some all thread....

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Just use nylon webbing strap. if you don't want the box all you need to do is make a simple tray and run a strap around the whole thing (works best with the straps that don't have ratchets just the spring loaded stopper).

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how did you guys go about venting it and tying in with the existing wiring under the hood?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
mine is routed to my starter. I cut the battery terminal off the old pos cable and but an eyelet on it and ran that to the power juntion box that sites by the factory battery location

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
F8L hit the nail on the head! thats what I want! break down the underhood wiring for me a little..oh and I wont be using an on/off switch

1 - 20 of 51 Posts