Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trunk release on my key fob quit working. Any ideas? I think it happened when they installed my Zex kit. I replaces the small fuse but it didnt work. Any ideas?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine does have a interior button. Was that a joke?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
you 05 plus guys don't have one.

it's standard on all other mustangs though. it would be in the glove box

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Mine does have a interior button. Was that a joke?
no that wasn't a joke.. if the interior button works, then it's the remote.. if the interior button doesn't it's the popper or the popper's wiring..

If it's the remote you can try and clean the contacts by prying it apart and using a bit of alcohol on a swab

If it's the popper, check the wiring and look behind any panels they may have removed to put the n2o in and make sure all the connections are connected.. if they are check fuses, if none of that works check where the popper connects to the latch and see if the cable is still intact.

hope that helps

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
no that wasn't a joke.. if the interior button works, then it's the remote.. if the interior button doesn't it's the popper or the popper's wiring..

If it's the remote you can try and clean the contacts by prying it apart and using a bit of alcohol on a swab

If it's the popper, check the wiring and look behind any panels they may have removed to put the n2o in and make sure all the connections are connected.. if they are check fuses, if none of that works check where the popper connects to the latch and see if the cable is still intact.

hope that helps
Good advice outside of not knowing the S197 doesn't have a interior trunk release.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
we dont have an interior button on our car. Try your second remote. If you need something bad out of there before you can get it working you can get in through the back seat.
Unless you have a convertible, cause the verts seats dont fold down ( top folds up behind them )...

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Unless you have a convertible, cause the verts seats dont fold down ( top folds up behind them )...

Theres a hole on the back of the trunk, right on the faux cap... you insert the key, twist it and it pops the trunk :D

Amazing technology, isn't it :lol

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Theres a hole on the back of the trunk, right on the faux cap... you insert the key, twist it and it pops the trunk :D

So wait- there's this key thing, right. It goes in the.....key receptacle thing, and you like, turn it?

That's so 80's.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts

You touch you car with the key? No wonder your car hates you ( or maybe because you ordered it in that damn color )... ;)

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
You touch you car with the key? No wonder your car hates you ( or maybe because you ordered it in that damn color )... ;)

I became very familiar with the key hole when my trunk poping mechanism got ****ed up... or do ye not remember me bitching about it... :p

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I accidentally shut my keys in my trunk at the golf course last fall... there is not a release anywhere... the spare set was only 5 mi away so it wasn't too big a deal. But for sure ther isn't any button

1 - 20 of 23 Posts