Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 82 Capri....No Engine or Tranny....I think you can tell where I am going with this thread.. Wanted to get everyones thougths on what I should do to create a street sleeper....I have a 5.0 engine but I cant remember from what year...and I have a possi rear end with 4:11 gears in it....so what can I do to get her down a track on the weekend but still be able to drive her to work....oh yeah I also want to change to all disk brakes and increase the rotor size....
thanks in advance for any assistance given...

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
347 stroker with a 150 shot of nitrous should be fun :D

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
sleeper....no nitrus...lol....what can I do with the 5.0 engine that I already have
you can stroke that engine to a 347 with 400+ hp with a nice top end setup if you want to stay N/A

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
buy a stroker......put a top end kit on it......you can get a 5 lug conversion plus all 4 wheel high performance disc break kit for like 1,800....you gota get new wheels then though

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
oops he got it first

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
that will be a lil low for a daily driver with a 5 speed.....they would be ok for an auto

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
if you are on a tight budget , have the motor freshened up , put in a nice cam and intake ( performer rpm ) and a 650 holley carb, find some gt 40s or p heads for a couple of hundred bucks and you'll have a nice running budget combo that should easily run 12s with a set of slicks ,

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts