Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have a '03 v6 and im trying to figure out what material of aftermarket body parts is best (fiberglass, urethrane, poly urethrane. etc.)

Suggestions please, and also if u know of any some good vendors for the parts would b appreciated :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah that's the best place to get any part plus we get a 6% discount after you get 50 posts

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
well...on body kits there's two ways to look at it on material...

do you

A. wanna look like a cheap ricer

B. do you wanna look like a not so cheap ricer

·
Registered
136 Posts
Trusted Sites:
Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle

Mustang Parts, Chevy Truck Parts & Dodge Challenger Parts at Latemodel Restoration Supply

JEGS Performance Auto Parts - Holley - Billet Specialties - Edelbrock - MSD - Moroso - Mr Gasket

As far as high quality parts the only i can recommend from first hand experience would be

B&M for my shifter
K&N Intake
Ford Racing - highly recommended on Gears and lowering springs.. though i would get the eibach myself.

But pretty much just read the reviews on AM for better responses.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
You want to avoid being Ricerish in any way :D
But what YOU need to remember is that it is YOUR car, What looks good to you might not look good to someone else. You are the best one to answer your own question here.

Reactions: mk1993

·
Registered
978 Posts
To actually answer the OP's question:

Urethane > Fiberglass

Urethane will give a bit if you bump something.

Fiberglass will spider, crack, chip, or just flat out break.

Went to tech with a kid who had a silver sixer like me except he had a fiberglass Spider body kit. For the longest time I remember it was all cracked an busted up. He eventually had it fixed and 2 or so months later it was all busted up again.

_

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
To actually answer the OP's question:

Urethane > Fiberglass

Urethane will give a bit if you bump something.

Fiberglass will spider, crack, chip, or just flat out break.

Went to tech with a kid who had a silver sixer like me except he had a fiberglass Spider body kit. For the longest time I remember it was all cracked an busted up. He eventually had it fixed and 2 or so months later it was all busted up again.

_
This. Fiberglass is shitty, urethane is where it's at. Urethane does cost quite a bit more, but when you've got parts near the ground you don't want to cheap out and buy something that is going to be missing chunks after a little scrape. The Termi bumper I got is made of urethane (just so everyone knows, not all "body kits" are are ricer bullshit, there are companies that make aftermarket factory style pieces).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well thanks guys, ill take this into consideration for sure, still debating on what style of body parts, sort of debating on the termi bumper for the front, but i like the saleen rear bumper so idk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts