Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This summer im goina have a little over $2,000 to go into my 97 gt. so far these are my mods:

Stage 1 comp cams
off road h pipe
MAC muffler
2800 stall converter
transmission was professionally built
fully professionally built rear end
4.10 gears
carbon fiber clutch differentials
modded k&n cold air intake
new starter
and it was just tuned

My engine has about 124,000 miles on it so its getting a little old. So here are my 4 options:

-Used ProCharger Stage 2 P-1SC
-MHS Stage 2 Full PI Swap
-Rebuild engine then continue adding mods like tb, plenum, new cold air intake, headers, PI intake, PI cams. Or
-Swap a '98 Mark VIII engine in with about half as many miles on it

I'm trying to get a good boost in power right now, but I'm trying to think in the long run, because I will probably have this car for another 3 years. So I don't wanna worry about the engine going out.

what do you think?

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Well, the procharger will work with the PI swap when you do it as well. How well will your cams work with PI heads?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Supacharge dat sh!tttt! lol but it will make your engine go faster and put alot of stress on it

·
Registered
678 Posts
I say a low mileage Lincoln short block with MHS stage 3 heads and cams. It will make great power and drop 80 lbs. off the nose of the car.

For the results check here... 2V Recession Buster

One question though? Why did you only go 2800 on the convertor? That's barely more than stock.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
lmfao dont listen to the power hungry npi'ers. go with whats gonna be a balance between power and refreshing your engine.
since your 120k+ i would swap the mark 8 engine or go with a fresh set of mhs heads.

procharging your engine is just doing things backwards...... sure youll get plenty o power but eventually your gonna have to replace your engine anyways.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
mhs head swap

·
Registered
12 Posts
lmfao dont listen to the power hungry npi'ers. go with whats gonna be a balance between power and refreshing your engine.
since your 120k+ i would swap the mark 8 engine or go with a fresh set of mhs heads.

procharging your engine is just doing things backwards...... sure youll get plenty o power but eventually your gonna have to replace your engine anyways.
I agree

·
Registered
96 Posts
Supercharger! Trust me. Then once your motor lets go, you still have a working supercharger and can build it up with PI goodies from there or 4v.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I saw your car pics in the garage. Looks nice, except for the yellow undertones;). Why don't you have an engine bay plaque?
Yeah, i wish i would have painted when the engine was out - wasn't thinking ahead or didn't have the money at the time. Badges and stickers were removed for paint then kinda liked the "sleeper" look. I then traded the badges for a SCT 90mm big air maf to my friend.

A vin can be verified by calling Saleen direct or by finding the secret saleen vin location - usually on the K-member.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts