Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you shouldn't, but how many times can you reuse TTY bolts?

Including the original factory install, panhard bar install, and gear install, these things have already been torqued 3 times. Went to Ford this morning and they wanted like $60+ for the two fasteners. I refuse to spen that much money on 2 bolts and 2 nuts if I don't have to. I was just getting a little eerie using these so many times.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
As long as you throw some locktite on them and the threads are not messed up then they are fine. Mine have now been torqued 3 or 4 times. I also ont think the fasteners go bad, i think its the bolts themselves that the treads just get messed up on. SO if you wanted to go down to the Home Depot closest to you and get a bolt about the same size and stuff you could use that one.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I thought about just going down to Ace Hardware and matching them up, but I sure am not going to pay Ford for what they want for those. They must be pretty effin proud of them bolts.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
hahaha you would think they are made of gold. I got my BMR relocation brackets in the car recentely and it came with ALL NEW hardware for my LCA's except for the front bolts which i wanna replace now. Makes you fell better knowing its all good back there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts