Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
a little of both. depending on what k member you go for you can get better geometry, strength, weight, improved suspension because you will likely go with coilovers, ect

·
Registered
42 Posts
^^^^ +1 to all he said. If you've got the money, I'd recommend doing it no matter what you use the car for

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Besides shedding the most weight of your car possible in one shot and helping weight transfer and suspension geometry, it also gains you more space or room to work with. For example I can pretty much pull my oil pan without having to jack the motor up at all.

The other thing is full adjustability of your front end.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
much more room when fooling with the started/long tubes

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Not much of an advantage other than weight (geometry is for curves, but who does that in their fox anyway?)

There are a lot of other upgrades, I would consider before bothering with a tubular K.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Room , baby Room !!!!!! spend the money and get coil overs to go with it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was looking at it in the kegs catalog and the k member seemed pretty cheap like $250 that's the reason it caught my eye but I don't want to be putting crap on the car either

·
Registered
852 Posts
I like: QA1+flaming river manual rack

·
Registered
42 Posts
with the engine out of the car the swap is fairly simple.. although i've seen it done with a jack, some jack stands with an engine still in there.. but that didn't look like fun if you don't have a garage

I used UPR in mine and i love their setups. a lot of people will argue their quality control.. i've never had a problem with quality in either of my stangs, and their customer service was AWESOME.. those guys will talk to you for a half an hour while you are laying under your car scratching your head just to walk you through any problems

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
UPR ftw. i was at Budds Creek ( dragstrip ) a couple of weeks ago for Ford Fever and UPR was a vendor there and they were having a show special : a complete k member with coil overs for $599 ,. i was a little bummed since i paid $ 699 for mine from them but even at that price i consider it a deal.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Install isn't as hard as people will make it out to be if you have some experience with working on your car. You can rent or barrow an engine hoist, unbolt the motor mounts and raise the engine up inch or so and go at it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts