Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I going to get a tubular k for my car. Does anyone have some they would not recommend or recommend.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
i have a upr and i love it it fit great and looks great easy to put in.

i herd good things about maximum motorsports and team z also AJE makes a nice piece

be careful with qa1 they uset to have issues with moving wheels and motor forward.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
upr had major issues until the redesigned there setup.. they seem to be pretty good now. I have one it went in without issues

qa1 is cheap and well made but like mentioned above it'll move your wheel base forward slightly which actually increases center of gravity resulting increase of handling if you use your stock a arms.. although you can give them a call and they'll hook you up with the right tubular a arms that'll move the wheels back to factory spec if desired. I have one in my turbo car and really like it other wise.

team z and pa racing seem to have allot of happy cheer leaders but I have no experience with them

aje has had a few failures but everyone likes them and they seemed to take care of the customer plus there k's are among the lightest on the market.

maximum motorsports is the strongest of all but heaviest as well.. and is geared more towards road racing then anything and you need to purchase much more then just the k member so look to spend at least $1400 if parts if you go with them.

granatelli is by far the worse and is basically a cheap copy of the mm design

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
ryan have you tryed the Granatelli?
no and I wouldn't considering there long and storied track record of failed cheap copies of Maximum Motorsports' k-member and many other parts copied off other companies.

If you go to corral.net and search you'll see all types of fun stuff to read.

I've only personally used the qa1 and upr k's.. A close friend has a pa racing one on his car.

·
Registered
519 Posts
i have the team z now and it fit in really easy all the welds look great. i had a buddy check it out who works as a welder.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice. I was think QA1 but probably will go a different way now. I really didnt want to go coilover so i was going to use stock a arms. it would probably see both the strip and the track but its also a street car.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I was think QA1 but probably will go a different way now. I really didnt want to go coilover so i was going to use stock a arms. it would probably see both the strip and the track but its also a street car.
qa1 quality is good but without the use of there special tubular a arms your wheels will be moved forward but it's not a huge amount especially if your running skinnys.

Not sure if this pic of my car helps at all but look at my wheel base and don't pay attention to the front clip half way on

That picture is with the qa1 k with stock a arms

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Racecraft is the way to go

Suspension Packages

PSR makes some high quality products as well

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
dont use stock a arms get the coil over kit and the tubular a arms....

the upr kit is under 700 shipped through a guy on the corral.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
no and I wouldn't considering there long and storied track record of failed cheap copies of Maximum Motorsports' k-member and many other parts copied off other companies.

If you go to corral.net and search you'll see all types of fun stuff to read.

I've only personally used the qa1 and upr k's.. A close friend has a pa racing one on his car.
I've heard similar things about Granatelli on other forums.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i just bought the maximum motorsports tubular k-memeber, along with their tubular a-arms and AJE coil over kit..very happy with all three..mocked the k-member up and fitement was awesome. very happy

flying ryan- what are you talking about you have to buy $1500 worth of parts when using an MM tubular k-member????

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
i just bought the maximum motorsports tubular k-memeber, along with their tubular a-arms and AJE coil over kit..very happy with all three..mocked the k-member up and fitement was awesome. very happy

flying ryan- what are you talking about you have to buy $1500 worth of parts when using an MM tubular k-member????
My understanding is that their K-member only works with tubular A-arms, their tubular a-arms only work with a coil-over conversion, and the coil-over conversion requires a better strut (like a bilstein or koni). So you effectively end up replacing your entire front suspension.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts