Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a chance to pick up a tubular k with spring perches tomorrow after work
for 240 bux. I have read and know the benefits of them, dont sound like that much of a big deal would love to lose the extra weight but just need a few opinions from other people
thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
you dont need it. sell it to me. ill give you 250 lol

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Who is it? A cheap crap one is not worth any money, cause it will crack and break.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i went and picked it up took it home its made by aje racing,
never used looks pretty wild compared to the factory one.
hope its not a bitch to install lol got my buddies hoist to hold the engine up

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
you will need offset rack bushings too probably. if you install it and it knocks when you turn, then you will know for sure.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright thanks for the tip!
and where could i get these bushings at?

·
Registered
212 Posts
try looking at Americanmuscle.com they have offset bushings, not sure the price of em but can't be to expensive. I can't wait to get my very own k-member!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
unsire question. can the factory a arm and everything bolt up to just the tube k member. i dont need tubular arms and stuff too?

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
^ you may indeed :yes

A good tube "K" will sweep your "A" arms forward to help reduce brake dive, so stock arms won't fit properly. Besides, the stockers have soft rubber bushings and somewhat reduce of the benefits of a new "K" anyway.

Jazzer :)

BEFORE you install it, put a heavy magnet on it and sprinkle metal dust ALL OVER IT. A magnet will pull the metal shavings into any cracks that it may have. Is probably fine, but would really suck to find out later as SWEET said :(

Jazzer... always on the lookout for some crack :)

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
unsire question. can the factory a arm and everything bolt up to just the tube k member. i dont need tubular arms and stuff too?
Thats what i planed to do but if your going to do it why not save the extra $150 and get the A amrs also.

·
Registered
127 Posts
if you can afford it , put the money out for the a arms. well worth the investment. prothane makes a nice set of offset bushing.. i just got a set for 15 bucks shipped

·
Registered
212 Posts
nice i just got a Upr tubular k-member and i gotta get all that crap too, do you have a link to where you got them from?

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
nice i just got a Upr tubular k-member and i gotta get all that crap too, do you have a link to where you got them from?

Hmmmm, I just happen to have a set of new offset rack bushings laying here you can get for $25.00 shipped if you want. Just PM me if you want them.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks will let ya know about those bushings. Im not gonna jump on putting this right in gotta get some other things like struts and whatnot for the car yet maybe some headers as well since its going to be easy to get to the manifolds at that point...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts