Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've always wanted to do it but never knew what to choose. Here's what I have and what I'd like to do. Suggestions welcome!

I have steeda sport springs so I'd like to keep those. I have new moog lower A arms so some thing that will accommodate oem style arms. I have new Ford oem rubber mounts so I'd like to retain those.

Looking for something to save weight, accommodate daily driving, allow me easier access to my bbk long tubes all without spending a fortune. Any ideas on where to start?

Also with the long tubes in is this a bad install? Looking to do in my garage on stands and a motor harness to hold it while I drop.

Im also a vert but I have mm flsfc and a strut mount brace. I read verts have an extra brace that tubular ks don't accomodate.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I like my UPR K member. I use stock a arms. I have the mild steel version.

I am vert also with MM FLSFC and a MM 6 point roll bar.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

From what I read the vert has some extra x brace up front that coupes don't. Is this true? If so is it okay with no brace? Also can you use other motor mounts or do you need to use their sold ones?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

I have that same K member! When i was supercharged i used the upr spring perches and stock A arms. Now im running the tubular A arms and coil overs. Great setup! Can access everything.

From what I read the vert has some extra x brace up front that coupes don't. Is this true? If so is it okay with no brace? Also can you use other motor mounts or do you need to use their sold ones?

The verts do come with a bigger brace, i am sure you can fit it, but i am also sure your MM subframe connectors fix a lot of the issues the X brace was put in to try and solve. As for motor mounts, you can use any, i use my original ones from 2001. LOL should probably switch them by now. Any K member you choose will work great. I personally went with UPR for the price, the fact that they sold upper spring perches so you can run your stock lower control arms and coil springs, and the fact that fits with the on3 turbo system.

I ended up running their spring perches with the stock control arms for a year or so with H&R SS springs. Worked out great! Then rempved the spring perches, and went eith the tubular A arms and coil overs when i swapped from a blower to the on3 turbo system. Still intact, can jack the front of the car up the K member, put jackstands under it. Its a strong piece.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
The tubular K will not only save you a ton of weight but allows you to actually work on the engine and access things much easier.

I have a VERT too once i did FLSFC from the cheap factory half SFC it made a big difference. I had to dump that massive front brace due to my turbo.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tubular K will not only save you a ton of weight but allows you to actually work on the engine and access things much easier.

I have a VERT too once i did FLSFC from the cheap factory half SFC it made a big difference. I had to dump that massive front brace due to my turbo.
Thanks guys! Snarky and pate.

Pate what a arms did you use?

Snorky I read the upr with perches can cause the front to sit higher then before. Is that true?

The stupid long tubes also bump the stupid brace verts come with. I'm thinking of removing the brace for now until I get the k member in and installed since I have the strut tower brace and flsfc. Thoughts?

Looks like I'm going upr

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I threw that X brace away.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts

Snorky I read the upr with perches can cause the front to sit higher then before. Is that true?

The stupid long tubes also bump the stupid brace verts come with. I'm thinking of removing the brace for now until I get the k member in and installed since I have the strut tower brace and flsfc. Thoughts?

Looks like I'm going upr

I used the UPR chrome molly A arms and complete kit up front.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
If I have the stock k member can I do that? Right now it's bumping my long tubes

You can but like the rest of us who have tossed it you'll loose some Rigidity up front but nothing major.

Reactions: GBPackerFan

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can but like the rest of us who have tossed it you'll loose some Rigidity up front but nothing major.
I appreciate it! I may do that til the upr comes in. Going to get rid of it anyway. It's driving me nuts clanking my long tubes. I'm hoping the strut tower brace and flsfc help make-up for it

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
I appreciate it! I may do that til the upr comes in. Going to get rid of it anyway. It's driving me nuts clanking my long tubes. I'm hoping the strut tower brace and flsfc help make-up for it

you could always grind a little notch in the part of the K member that is hitting since the k member is a s big as a bus losing a little material from grinding wont hurt a thing.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Throwing it out now won’t be a big deal. I did longtubes when I did my K member so I never had that issue but it does sound annoying.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

Looks like I'm going upr

X2 ON pates remark about ease of working on the engine. It would probably be on my top 5 favorite mods. Working on the engine is a breeze now.

As for the spring perches and height.. i didnt really notice anything, i ran the H&R SS springs Without isos and the car was slammed in the front. So it didnt bother me. If you decide to go UPR and stock A arms, ill send you my old perches. They are just taking up space in my garage.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Upr K, Spring perches, stock A arms(shaved the bushings a little to fit), H&R SS with no isos. Wheels are 17's

Reactions: GBPackerFan

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Your car looks good. Love the color.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Your car looks good. Love the color.
You might be a little biased ? do you have any pics of yours recently? And are you still rocking the wing? Mine is off for now. Body shop ruined my stock deck lid that the saleen wing was on. So i need to fix it currently have a 99/00 lid with rhe wing moved back

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I love the 99/00 wing when its moved back 2". Before I did that I checked out every other rear wing: 01-04, Saleen, Cobra, etc. I didn't like any of them. I didn't want something on pedestals and the Salene and Cobra wings were just too heavy looking. I hated the 99/00 in its stock location in the middle of the trunk lid but when moved back 2" it completely changed the look of the back. Sorry no new pictures. The more recent ones are in my garage.

And yes. I might be a little biased.:smile2: I absolutely love the way Electric Green stands out in a crowd.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts