Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a sct x3 a while ago and i decide to try it out while going to pick up some pizza, so i uploaded the 87 octane (i had 87 in the tank) and drove fo about an hour. i get back to the brix and i smell a kinda burning smell coming from the rear. that leads me to think i am running ritch or lean (i think). if im wrong correct me please.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
explain the burning smell running rich enough to smell fuel out your exhaust you would have one screwed up tune

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
... you usually get a burning smell when you peel out multiple times

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i didnt i drove like a very sane person on a wet road, its kinda hard to explain what it smelled like and id look friggin tarded bending over behind my car breathing in all deep like. it was either oil or fuel. god i wish smell-o-vision was real sometimes

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it had never had that smell before i flashed it, so what causes a smell like that?

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
how many miles does your car have??

high milage and sporty driving can heat up the rear end a little more then normal... but i seriously doubt that was the problem... look to make sure nothing go stuck to the exhaust pipes... or caught any where that could burn or something like that

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
50k, ARRG shity i foregot i ran over some plastic that got stuck on the pipes on lejeune, well i think i figured out the problem lol, how long does **** that get stuck take too burn off normaly?

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
up to a week or so... i suggest getting some steel wool and a steel brush and trying to get it off before it gets worse

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
a few days to a long time let the car cool and get under neath it and scrap it off

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mmmk i was worried for a min there thanks for all le help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts