Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm dead set on a 91 octane tune, and some sort of axle back. I'm leaning towards rousche at the moment. I was gonna get an o/r X pipe but I'll be on a ship for 6 months and I'll be leaving the car with my dad, I'm worried he'll take it into the dealership and theylle see that I removed the cats. I also want the steeda intake, but ill be supercharging her once I return and it seems pointless to spend the money on an intake now. Do the drop in KN filters make any difference at all? I basically want to do everything, but I'm in the military and don't roll in the big bucks haha. Trying to find the best bang for my buck for now...

·
Registered
828 Posts
Just get a catted midpipe. They sound better, and look slightly more stock to a dealer tech

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I know the tune has to be removed, I have a silverado and I always remove the tune before I take it to the dealer. Do the catted Pipes give around the same power gains as catless?

·
Registered
105 Posts
If your getting ready to leave and worried about the cats being removed etc. do you plan on showing your Dad how to put the stock tune back in if you get a tune as well? Also if you plan on putting in a supercharger you will definitely need a new tune so why not wait until you return for the tune as well and eliminate the worries of any issues if it needs to go to the dealer while your away.

Edit: The GT500 axle-back exhaust is very nice and if you plan on putting on the O/R X-Pipe upon your return, it's a very nice combination with ZERO drone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts