Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most of you with tunes are happy but I'm curios what the percentage is (approx.). I keep reading of tune problems and don't want to be in that group when I purchase. What do you think? just hearing the bad stuff and not all the good stuff?

I know, no where near official but those of you happy experiences with tune(canned, custom) reply with a + and those with a tune and unhappy reply with a minus -, I'll add them up and see what we come up with.

If you had a tuner problem but was fixed to your satisfaction, please reply with a +

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
+

·
Registered
110 Posts
My tune that came with the FRPP Whipple sucked. Made about 295 RWHP. Had a custom one done and got up to 341, where it should have been from the get-go.

·
Registered
101 Posts
tune happiness

I do have an excellent tune now, however that was not always the case. I bought a Novi 2200 supercharger kit and with the tune that came on the predator, the vehicle would not even run. This was simply due to the use of many computers over a given model year and I ended up with an odd one. The fix was using a different tune (the Vortech one) to get the vehicle to at least run and then get a gentleman in to the shop to write a custom program while the vehicle sat on the dyno. Needless to say, this was time consuming and that kind of work doesn't come cheap, but sometimes that is the only fix. Right now, I give the new tune an A+.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
My tune that came with the FRPP Whipple sucked. Made about 295 RWHP. Had a custom one done and got up to 341, where it should have been from the get-go.
ummmm you should be near or over 300 rwhp with must a cai and tune. with the whipple intercooled you should be closer to 450+. 341rwhp you are getting screwed even on a mustang dyno i would say.

+1 for doug at bamachips. his tunes are among the best for mail order tunes. the 93 race tune is great.

·
Registered
144 Posts
+ mail order by houston performance in north houston

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
The can tunes will always be sub par, especialy the ones that come with blowers. They are just made for you to get to a dyno and get it tuned right. They will tell you this if you call and talk to a tech guy and not a salesman.

+ For custom tunes

1 - 20 of 35 Posts