Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys & girls, I just got done installing my JLT intake and loading my custom tune from Brenspeed. I gotta say, the car drives like a beast. I love it. Its like a totally different car... but when I push the clutch in when I'm coming to a stop my RPMs drop to 500, bounce to 700, drop back to 500 then go up and hold at 1000. I'm calling Brenspeed in the morning to see what they say. But since I'm impatient I wanted to know if any of you have had this issue

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
+1

Make sure all the clamps are tight, and there is a good seal around the throttle body and where the filter attaches to the intake tube.

·
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Already thought of that and everything is tight

·
Your Mom's Favorite
2,452 Posts
The only way to know for sure is the smoke test...you'd be amazed at what even spraying carb cleaner looking for leaks can miss...it's not the tune. It's something mechanical.

·
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dammit. Guess I'm dragging out the halogen and throwing on a hoodie...

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I've seen that exact problem in the tune before.

·
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats not what I want to hear :(

·
Your Mom's Favorite
2,452 Posts
You can tune around problems, but once the problem is fixed, the tune will be off. The tune you have was made for a car with no vaccuum leaks. Trust me, I had my KB car apart 3 times inspecting everything, checking for cracked hoses, using zip ties on all tees, spraing carb cleaner around every line and component and never found a leak. Took it to StangHi, and he was able to find vaccuum and fuel leaks that I never saw. Got a datalogger? What are your STFT and LTFTs at?

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
cars still slow

·
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can tune around problems, but once the problem is fixed, the tune will be off. The tune you have was made for a car with no vaccuum leaks. Trust me, I had my KB car apart 3 times inspecting everything, checking for cracked hoses, using zip ties on all tees, spraing carb cleaner around every line and component and never found a leak. Took it to StangHi, and he was able to find vaccuum and fuel leaks that I never saw. Got a datalogger? What are your STFT and LTFTs at?
I just used the X3 to datalog. I'll check those tomorrow (what are those??)

cars still slow
Its faster than yours :p

What's the idle set at? Try bumping it up slightly.
Looked like 848

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
The idle can't be set at 848 in the handheld. Go look at what the handheld says and than post it.

·
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If thats under the strategic tune part I can't. Says that thats not supported

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
in the datalog mode you can view the idle

at least mine runs :p

·
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, and it said it was 848

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Go like you're going to reload the tune, than click user adjustment options, or adjust tune, make changes, whatever it says, than check the idle speed in neutral and in gear.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
850 should be fine. When was the last time the throttle body and MAF were cleaned?

Reactions: vastang757
1 - 20 of 30 Posts