Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys & girls, I just got done installing my JLT intake and loading my custom tune from Brenspeed. I gotta say, the car drives like a beast. I love it. Its like a totally different car... but when I push the clutch in when I'm coming to a stop my RPMs drop to 500, bounce to 700, drop back to 500 then go up and hold at 1000. I'm calling Brenspeed in the morning to see what they say. But since I'm impatient I wanted to know if any of you have had this issue

·
Your Mom's Favorite
2,452 Posts
The only way to know for sure is the smoke test...you'd be amazed at what even spraying carb cleaner looking for leaks can miss...it's not the tune. It's something mechanical.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I've seen that exact problem in the tune before.

·
Your Mom's Favorite
2,452 Posts
You can tune around problems, but once the problem is fixed, the tune will be off. The tune you have was made for a car with no vaccuum leaks. Trust me, I had my KB car apart 3 times inspecting everything, checking for cracked hoses, using zip ties on all tees, spraing carb cleaner around every line and component and never found a leak. Took it to StangHi, and he was able to find vaccuum and fuel leaks that I never saw. Got a datalogger? What are your STFT and LTFTs at?

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can tune around problems, but once the problem is fixed, the tune will be off. The tune you have was made for a car with no vaccuum leaks. Trust me, I had my KB car apart 3 times inspecting everything, checking for cracked hoses, using zip ties on all tees, spraing carb cleaner around every line and component and never found a leak. Took it to StangHi, and he was able to find vaccuum and fuel leaks that I never saw. Got a datalogger? What are your STFT and LTFTs at?
I just used the X3 to datalog. I'll check those tomorrow (what are those??)

cars still slow
Its faster than yours :p

What's the idle set at? Try bumping it up slightly.
Looked like 848

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
in the datalog mode you can view the idle

at least mine runs :p

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
850 should be fine. When was the last time the throttle body and MAF were cleaned?

Reactions: vastang757
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.