Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sitting on 490 mi right now....1st thing tomorrow going to the shop... switch out the breakin tranny oil and putting in the good stuff... then its on to the dyno... I will have my crackberry with me and post as soon as I have numbers..I am going to be right there while my nephew tunes it so I might actually understand what all has to happen...
its been 2 months since I have been plastered back in that seat.... really looking forward to it!!!

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we are looking for 18-24 lbs and right around 600 rwhp.... can't freaking sleep,like a kid at Christmas

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
she is on the dyno right now...!!!!!

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Well!!!!! :popcorn

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
something bad had to have happened...im not a pessimist but if it went well he wouldve been on here by now

been on the dyno for over 2 hours..

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
uh oh

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
maybe hes getting the anticipation up

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wellll.... no major problems but also no major power... 515/595... we have had a pesky CEL during the breakin period and it appears to be the phaesers as suspected.. I don't have a print out of the dyno but it fell on its face at 5800 RPM and the boost stayed consistent thru 6500... the timing is being retarded by the computer and we didn't want to do a work around.. we didn't have the old tune file so he had to build it from scratch... and the SCT software wasn't playing ball part of the time... so we will fix the phasers when ever and see if we can keep her climbing,looked like if the line stayed at the same angle it would have made right at 600...the meth was a great way to allow more timing by raising the effective octaine.. that is gone now and we are going to figure another way to get there... I should be close at 20psi of boost but we wont know till we get those phasers working right... could be cams could be N20 could be both... but now my goal is to be good in the spring.. any thoughts or opinions or ideas on what might help would be greatly appreciated...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts