Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I am going to install my Detroit Rocker cams, UDP's and delete plates. I know I will need a tune to see power gains but on Monday I'm going to have Mc New's Automotive ( a local SCT custom dyno tuner) tune my car. I was just wondering if I can drive the car up to Mc New's with out any problems, its about 30 minutes to get there.

If not I will probably rent a uhaul tow dolly. But I would like to save the $100 hit from renting it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I think you'd be ok with the cams and udp, but you can't drive the car without a tune with the cmdp. From what I understand at least.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't drive 30 minutes without a tune for the CMDP. Who's tuning it? Tow it with the front wheels on the ground or disconnect the driveshaft.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Why don't you just get an email tune from a reputable tuner...??? If you're set on them tuning it than you need to get them to send you a temp. tune and if they don't think you need one than you should find a new shop immediately.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay sounds good I will give them a call on Monday. Thanks for the help. I bought a SCT tuner from CJ pony parts but I am not sure if they can write me a tune for that or not I guess I will call them on Monday too.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Yes any tuner will be able to write a tune for your SCT programmer. What programmer is it??

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
not any tuner nasty. some tuners bought the software for the diablosport and not for the sct. just trying to get the correct info out there hahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
i think he needs a tune for the cams also doesnt he? i have the detroit rockers also. his timing is going to be off quite a bit. at least mine was. and my tuner had a hell of a time tuning the car which he contributed to the cams. but, i added alot of stuff at once so who knows

1 - 11 of 11 Posts