Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a pretty big problem on my hands here and was wondering if you could help me out. I purchased a SCT SF3 tuner for my 96 Cobra a while back and was working great with the custom tune they sent me. After I traded in my Cobra I bought a 2006 Mustang GT and after a couple mods was just running off the strategy tune for awhile. I finally decided to send my info to americanmuscle.com where I originally bought the tuner and they sent me a free custom tune for it. Upon loading the tune up t my car, everything went successful and I disconnected the tuner. When I went to start it the car would not fire. It would try and turn over and you could hear the starter but it would not start. I waited a few minutes and tried it again with the same result. I then tried to return to the strategy tune to at least get my car running, after uploading that it just made the problem worse. Now when you turn the key you hear nothing and a bunch of errors come up on the dash. I then proceeded to try and return it back to stock and try from there but now the tuner doesn't even recognize my vehicle. I can't read codes or tune it in any way. I hooked it back up to my laptop and tried recovering the old tune but it wouldn't work. This is my daily driver so any help would be appreciated. I tried e-mailing SCT but all they said to do was call them and I don't have the chance to because they aren't open on weekends and my work schedule doesn't allow me to till the end of this month pretty much. When I contacted them before over the phone they remote desktoped and updated all my firmware and tune revisions so I know they are up to date. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Bummer dude! This is the worst type of problem. I'm pretty sure that they might have send the tune for the wrong calibration code. (maybe from the last car?) Sometimes loading a different code will trip up the ecu, and when you flash it back to stock it will kill the pats system. You can see if AM can send you a pats off tune, and double check with AM that they sent the correct tune. You can try pulling the battery cable for 5 min and seeing if that resets the ecu. Then try flashing back to stock. I doubt it will, but its worth a shot. If you can't call SCT your only option will be to have the car towed to the dealer and reflashed to stock with the IDS.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
yea that does suck.. Joe do these ECU use VATS?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
yea same thing.. do you have to relink it if the ecm comes out of the car?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
thats the problem I used to have...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just tried disconnecting the battery and unplugging the ECU, had it off for about 20-25 minutes, no change. Any other ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts