Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so friday night installed my intake and put my bama 93 race tune on well after a hard pull i let off and put it in neutral and the car dies.....so i think what ever im then driving on the interstate at 75 for a few miles and go to coast to an exit...dies again this happens 3 or 4 more times so then sun i switch to my street tune and same dam problem i emailed bama and waiting for a reply back

ne ideas as to what this could be? already checked for vac. leaks but even if there were some would think itd do that

·
Registered
773 Posts
What is your idle RPM set at?

If it is your vac the car probably either wouldn't even start or cut off almost instantly after starting.

Try reloading your tune back to stock and see if it's a bad tune. (Not uncommon from AM)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
idle is set at around 750 and ill prolly pull the intake and tune off for noe\w the idle at points is very jumpy though

·
Registered
779 Posts
What year? Model?

Give Bama a call any time Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST. They're here in the building all week and can verify that the tune submission form was right and that the tunes were written correctly on our end. They can also help diagnose any other issues that you might be having that could cause this. Could be a simple tune error on our part during the writing process... 888.226.9764 is Bama's direct line.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well call bama said the tunes look good so ig ill have to re check the cai connections

·
Registered
74 Posts
Make sure your MAF sensor is in correctly and you didn't damage it. Also, if I recall correctly, you got the Air Raid CAI. You did take the insert out correct?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the Jlt and it apears I had a loose connection...its not dieing now but still dips to below
500 so im going to try and seal the line from the valve cover to the intake better

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had the Jlt and it apears I had a loose connection...its not dieing now but still dips to below
500 so im going to try and seal the line from the valve cover to the intake better

I have the JLT as well. At times my idle will drop to about 500 too. I don't get it on the 87 or 91 tunes I have. Remember that the 93 tune is very aggressive and set for track use. Don't spend a lot of time at idle on the track.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Did you unplug the battery to reset the computer so it can learn the new parameters for the intake. Drive it on a stock tune and let the idle correct itself then install the tune after. Not sure if this will help but its worth a try.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I second the above. Most people tune their car, get right in and drive.

Let the car sit for about 4 hours and get good and cold. Flash the car with the same file you're running now. Start the car and let it idle without touching the throttle at all for about 8 minutes. Turn the A/C on and let it sit for another 2 minutes without touching the throttle. After that, drive it for about 10 miles (not just highway but stop signs, traffic lights, etc.) and that will complete the idle learning process.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright ill go ahead and try that the idle just dips a bit now but i think the valve cover line could have been designed a bit better than the rubber grommet and the piece that goes into it

other than that im happy with the tune and parts from that i did get from am

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
after lots of help from bama and and a few 5.0 friends ive traced my problem down to a bad cold air not sure how but after putting a steeda on it no longer had problems

·
Registered
779 Posts
That's crazy that a different CAI and a tune to match that CAI cleared everything up. Feel around the old CAI for cracks or maybe pinholes that could be allowing un-metered air.

Either way, I'm glad that it seems to be solved for you!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've look all over for them and put the stock one on for now talked to jim at bama today about
what to do about it

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
I second the above. Most people tune their car, get right in and drive.

Let the car sit for about 4 hours and get good and cold. Flash the car with the same file you're running now. Start the car and let it idle without touching the throttle at all for about 8 minutes. Turn the A/C on and let it sit for another 2 minutes without touching the throttle. After that, drive it for about 10 miles (not just highway but stop signs, traffic lights, etc.) and that will complete the idle learning process.
You guys need to post this on your sight!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yeah, we try to preach about it as much as possible since we don't want to have a million disclaimers on the website. That idle learning process is actually in the owners manual under the battery replacement area I believe. I know it's in there, just can't 10% remember where.

Chris

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Am sent me a new cai and is taking the other one back great their customer service is the
best!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts