Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if I am missing something. I have a 91 vert have done hci throttle body, roller rockers springs adjustable fuel regulator. It still does not run right. Do I have to get a tune for it to even run decent or is it in my mass air meter. I know it is not gonna be great without a tune but it is not much better than stock right now. Thanks for all input

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have gt 40 heads, explorer intake, x cam, 65 mm throttle body, 1.6 rOller rockers, shorty headers, straight pipes, flows, adjustable fuel pressure regulator set at 40 lbs., smog delete. It runs smooth idles good but just doesn't make a lot of power. Not much more than stock.

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
What's the timing set at? Did you pull the spout connector when you timed it? Is the fuel pressure set with vacuum off or on? What plugs did you use?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TIming set at 14 degrees not sure what you mean by spout disconnected. Fuel presure set at 40 with vac off

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Why the X cam? Why 1.6 and not 1.7?

I know little when it comes to cams and parts matching, but i always thought the x cam was more for heavily modified engines, such as drag racing. Yours sounds pretty basic and likely keeping the cam from showing its full potential. The E or B cam would be better i think as far as letter cams go.

The SPOUT connector is the little grey plug near the TFI module. Remove that little plug when setting the timing. When you are done, put it back in.

Out of curiousity, how many miles were on the engine before doing the h/c/i? An old engine with high miles is almost always a poor candidate for that kind of swap imo. Should always check compression.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got heads already ported, intakes, throttle body, withe the roller rockers and double springs from a friend for $300. I am building on a small budget to prove that our fords will run for not a lot of money. I live in a town with a gm plant and have to listen to it all the time.

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
What kind of maf? And if u didn't pull the spout when u set the timing u r way off

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for letting me know about the spout had no idea. I have had many 5.0s but never many mods so am looking for advise from the guys who have experience with them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stock is 55. I am running 19 pound explOrer injectors. Stock fuel pump but do have 40 pounds of pressure. Will change pump soon. I do know 19's are enough for what I want. I have seen guys in low 12's with them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts