Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it necessary to get a tuner with no mods other than exhaust components? I think I've decided to get headers and midpipe and then S/C down the road so other performance mods wouldn't be for a while. Is a tune required for this? I would think it is not... Help...??

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, it'll be an O/R ProChamber and the MAC lt's. Tune it is I guess. Maybe I'll just have to throw in some gears too then. Better deal buying the tuner if ya get something with it. 3.73 the way to go on a 5 speed that I plan on adding a S/C to? Or just leave the stock 3.55. Seems I've read the 4.10 is not a good match for a manual that is blown.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
You wont need the tune for the offroad pipe it would just throw the check engine light which doesn't do anything but if you have an actual engine issue then you wouldnt know with the light being stuck on.

I would get the tuner and CAI. The cold air and tune really wakes the car up and the throttle response is insane with it. Its cheaper than gears if you factor in the install. Stock gears are alright... if you do go blown eventually you can see if you like the stock gears or want to go higher. I have 4.10s and would love to get a supercharger with them... but I like sliding and spinning the tires more than drag racing.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
A tune is going to be needed for the longtubes, IMO.

A tune is going to be required to get rid of the CEL from a O/R midpipe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts