Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded the Flowmaster American Thunders for a set of Borla Stingers and installed an off road H last week. I know that the rear 02 sensors are turned off with an aftermarket tune, but will I need to update my Brenspeed tune at all since I'm catless now?

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
shouldint have to. i believe the retune is primaraly for the rear o2's that being said there might be some tweaking needed....someone with ans off road pipe will chime in soon

·
Registered
482 Posts
i got a off road X pipe and all though i ended up getting a dyno tune. i didnt need a tune for it. i just had a check engine light for the O2s but other then that it was fine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i didnt need a tune for my off road h, i just add a plug extensión in the O2 sensor and it work fine without a check ligth

·
Registered
745 Posts
you just need to turn off the rear o2s as stated and as far as performance goes you are looking at minimal gains but it should help just a tad. It is a good supporting mod for future mods though. Good decision if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. That's what I thought, but was just making sure. I appreciate the input. :D

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
How do you like it?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
How do you like it?
It seems to sound different than the exhaust clips that I listened to prior to purchasing. Definitely alot more hollow resonance sound than I was expecting. Sounds like it needs a set of resonators installed to help it out. It screams when you put your foot in it but is borderline obnoxious at certain rpms where it resonates the worst. When it resonates it isn't a drone like with most set ups...it's almost a raspy metallic sound. It is the worst when you are accelerating hard at around 2500 rpms. This is all coming from hearing it inside the cabin though. I haven't heard it from the exterior. I need to find a digital camcorder to play around with.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Hm thats weird. Ive been running the setup for a year or two and I LOVE IT, couldnt be happier. Gets my dick hard each time I start it up and get more compliments on it then my tupae.

·
Registered
978 Posts
+1 to some loud ass exhaust!! i love it each and every time i get on the throttle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts