Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang, Bought the Ford Racing CAI w/ a SCT Tuner about a month ago. I'm currently running a performance tune with a octane of 87, I use 90 octane though. Is there something I can do to get a little more from this tuner? And out of my Pony?
Also I have yet to use the Race tune, but I drive my pony daily. Would running the race tune daily do any damage is my real question? Or should I call Bama to send me a new tune for more performance or something.:eek: It has great acceleration now but just seems lacking somewhere. I'm also a new Mustang owner, just bought her a little over a month ago.
All help is appreciated & thanx in advance!:cool:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
The race is tune is fine for a d/d. It will not cause any permanent damage.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
The Race tune is fine for daily driving. You can always order another tune from someone else to try out. I know of a place that does a good job. ;)

·
Registered
789 Posts
While the intake and tune are probably the best bang for the buck its not gonna add a hundred horse power... between the 87 and 91 octane in the performance file there is hardley a difference. Personally I only run 91 in my car. And as for the race, I DD with it.
If your looking for more power look into a super charger. If your on a budget look at maybe switching out the rear end, good increase for cheap. Sorry but you wont get any more power then you already have out of your tune and intake.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
true, but when i would change from my 93 performance tune (bama) to my 93 race tune (bama) i could instantly tell the difference between the 2 tunes. the race tune was alot more touchy from a start than the performance tune was. i ended up running the race tune all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts