Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Smokin on that gas
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I was looking at programmers like the SCT X3 bama tune and I was wondering if I could just bring my car by some place and have them tune it for me to like a performance setting and I would only have to pay a little bit. I don't know if I want to drop $380 on a programmer if I could just get a place to do it for me for much less. I don't even know if getting a place to tune it for me exists but I know I want to tune my car so I can get the most out of it. Advice?

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
Get it from American muscle. They do free tunes for life on their custom tuned tuners. They will rewrite the tune for any performance part that you get that thy support.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Bite the bullet and get the tuner if ur modding your going to use it a lot you can't cut corners and expect good results.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Hey guys so I was looking at programmers like the SCT X3 bama tune and I was wondering if I could just bring my car by some place and have them tune it for me to like a performance setting and I would only have to pay a little bit. I don't know if I want to drop $380 on a programmer if I could just get a place to do it for me for much less. I don't even know if getting a place to tune it for me exists but I know I want to tune my car so I can get the most out of it. Advice?
SMUstang,

I know the SF3 Bama tuner is a lot to dish out all at once, but it's going to be well worth it in the end if you plan on modding your Mustang. Not only do you get 3 custom tunes right off the bat, but you'll be enrolled into our Free Tunes for Life program when purchasing a Bama SF3. So, the next time you add a bolt-on mod in the future, you won't have to pay again for a tune adjustment! Not to mention you have the Bama Team's assistance if you ever have any questions or could use some adjustments.

Let me know if there's any other questions I can answer or help with!

Shane

·
Smokin on that gas
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya it looks really good. I think I might dish out that money at the end of the month. I've only heard and read really good things about it.

One other question, the 3 tunes are already loaded on the tuner straight from the box or do I have to download them onto the device?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Try looking on Craigslist if you don't mind finding something used. I bought my tuner for $100 from a local guy who traded in his stang. Unlocked and ready to go. Just received my tunes the other day from Bama so it ended up costing me $250 :)

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Atl craigslist has some for 175 that are unlocked w/bama tunes... just be careful and try it before you buy it...

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I would agree with Crackpotfox about getting it new... I always feel better about doing business with a company rather than an individual.. I also know that times are tough and people have had success buying used as 2010GBGT did... saving $$$ for other stuff

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Taking your car anywhere to get a dyno tune will be more expensive than an email tune and you will still need the programmer for the tuner to download the custom tune onto .
Just buy the an SCT from a reputable dealer VMP, Bama, Stage 3 motorsports, BBR, Lethal Performance or Brenspeed.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Ya it looks really good. I think I might dish out that money at the end of the month. I've only heard and read really good things about it.

One other question, the 3 tunes are already loaded on the tuner straight from the box or do I have to download them onto the device?
The tunes will come preloaded onto your SF3 tuner. From there if you want to get free tune adjustments for new bolt-on mods, you just have to fill out a Free Tunes Members forum on our site. It will include 19 questions about your specific Mustang and mods and we'll have new Bama custom tunes sent out to you in 2-3 business days!

Shane

1 - 12 of 12 Posts