Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I just ordered a Diablosport Predator U7140 tuner and I have a quick (and possibly dumb) question. I use a battery disconnect switch on my Mustang and was wondering if the computer will undo the new Diablosport tune and reset itself back to the factory settings every time I disconnect the battery? I assume it won't but I'm not completely sure. As always thanks a lot for your help guys!

·
Noob
828 Posts
Nope. The tune will stay on there even if the battery is disconnected for a very long time.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Why do you use a battery disconnect switch?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use a disconnect switch because I don't drive the car every day (or in the Winter) and the battery drains a bit from the computer, etc. when not used.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
I use a disconnect switch because I don't drive the car every day (or in the Winter) and the battery drains a bit from the computer, etc. when not used.
But don't you lose your KAM data, idle fuel trims, etc,? Probably better off if you just put a trickle charger on there. I wouldn't want my car to have to relearn that stuff every time I started her. There is a reason why the computer is supposed to stay "alive" while the car is off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
07 Boss, I only use the disconnect switch when the car is not driven for extended periods of time (such as in the Winter or if I will not be driving it for several weeks) not every time I drive it.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
It would make your life so much easier if you just used a trickle charger, I use on my car, started up just fine last week after it not being driven since october.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do use a trickle charger once a week but like I said if the car will not be driven for a while I throw the disconnect switch so I don't have to keep putting the car on the charger as often, which is only two or three times a year. I just wanted to make sure that on the rare occasions that I do disconnect the battery the computer won't lose the new Diablosport tune and reset itself back to the factory settings.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
But Dont you lose all of your radio stations every time?

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
I do use a trickle charger once a week but like I said if the car will not be driven for a while I throw the disconnect switch so I don't have to keep putting the car on the charger as often, which is only two or three times a year. I just wanted to make sure that on the rare occasions that I do disconnect the battery the computer won't lose the new Diablosport tune and reset itself back to the factory settings.
You won't lose your tune, just seems kind of a wierd way to deal with it. I've unhooked the battery before when storing a car for long periods, I guess a switch would have been easier, but it's not that hard to unhook the negative terminal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I do lose my radio stations but for the two times a year that I disconnect the battery it really isn't a problem. And as far as it being a "wierd way to deal with it" I don't agree, as many people disconnect their battery when the car is being stored.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Most people do that when they store their cars for years, my car is not driven from october to april, not once, I just throw it on a trickle charger Unless your driving your car like once during the year then having a disonect that you use twice is just overkill

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts

Keeps your battery healthy, too. Computer monitored trickle charge is better for a battery than just sitting.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Yes, I do lose my radio stations but for the two times a year that I disconnect the battery it really isn't a problem. And as far as it being a "wierd way to deal with it" I don't agree, as many people disconnect their battery when the car is being stored.
Didn't mean nothing by saying it was wierd. If anything I'm kinda the wierd one. Been wrenching and racing cars for over 30 years. Installed many a battery disconnect on my race vehicles. You would think it would have dawned on me to do the same when I hard parked some of my street cars. But I guess I never really ever planned to store any of my street cars for very long. Sometimes it just happened that way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright, One last time I have a trickle charger...................... When the car is not driven for several months during the Winter I disconnect the battery so the battery does not drain down as quickly therefore requiring less time charging. This post was simply asking if the computer would retain the new tune on the rare occasion the battery is disconnected. Thanks MyLittlePony1 and Stri8ed for answering that for me.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Alright, One last time I have a trickle charger...................... When the car is not driven for several months during the Winter I disconnect the battery so the battery does not drain down as quickly therefore requiring less time charging. This post was simply asking if the computer would retain the new tune on the rare occasion the battery is disconnected. Thanks MyLittlePony1 and Stri8ed for answering that for me.
Lol no prob

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
You won't lose your tune....
Hey, I answered your question too.

Right before I called you wierd, but I wasn't really calling you wierd. Just wierd as I never would have thought of that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts