1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Find out where you would get your car dyno tuned and find out what software they use. It makes it easier. Other wise they are pretty much the same.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My problem is I dont have any areas around me to get my car dyno tuned... I would have to drive a minimum of 2hours... Is it possible to live off of mail order tunes....

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was happy with the canned tunes in my SCT. Later I had it unlocked for a custom tune. Get a 3015 XCal3 or the 9600 Livewire and then when you can have a tune built. Then have the tuner unlock it for your custom tune.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
SCT all the way!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I got the C&L "racer" intake with the SCT X3 calibrator. I got it from Evolution Performance in PA. They include three costume tunes of you choice with the combo. I am pretty happy with the tunes, but they also have a dyno in their place and sooner or later I'll take a trip there even thought it's expensive (they charge $100/hr for the dyno and $100/hr for the tech according to their website:eek:)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it a good to get the Xcal 3 or should I just get the Xcal2 to be safe... I keep hearing about the glitches fromt he Xcal3....

·
Registered
662 Posts
Is it a good to get the Xcal 3 or should I just get the Xcal2 to be safe... I keep hearing about the glitches fromt he Xcal3....
I had no problems so far with it....................

1 - 13 of 13 Posts