Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a X3 power flash and there are no preloaded tunes, i have 1 tune for free and i was thinking about using it for 93 octane and LT header tune but i dont have the LT headers yet. Would running this tune for the 93 octane now not harm anything until i get the LTs in?

·
Registered
598 Posts
when are you getting the LTs? I would wait but it probably wont hurt. I have LTs on and my tune isnt tuned for them. JBA and Brenspeed I believe say its ok to istall LTs without a tune so I wouldnt see the problem doing it vise versa?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Yes it's recommended to get a tune for LTs. LTs can possibly create a lean condition and without a tune you're going to get a CEL.

·
Registered
11 Posts
99% of the time when you do header job, you will get code P0155, cause your o2 aren't getting as hot as they usaul did, so you almost always gotta tune them or get a delay, also if you run that tune you will probably run rich

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
While some may not need a tune for LTs, may times the car will run like crap unless the tune is adjusted for the increased delay in o2 response time and lack of hot exhaust. I would see no problem running an LT tune with no LTs.

·
Registered
371 Posts
And do not run a LT tune if you do not have long tubes either. I did this and the car would not run right and when it would go above 2000 rpms it would throw a cel and the car would shut off.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
i was pretty sure that rich ran his kooks w/o a tune for a long time

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
roxas, what current mods do you run?

where in NJ are you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts