Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a guy that is selling an Xcal 2 for $200. Already verified its unlocked, has all the cables, software etc...

The question I have is, with my current mods of Underdrive Pulleys, CAI, and catback, what kind of HP increase would I potentially be seeing from a 93 Octane tune (easily available in my area), and tuned for the CAI, Pulleys and Exhaust?

Also, I would probably be doing the tuning myself, or if someone has a recommendation on who to talk to about a tune, that would be awesome as well.

·
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji
5,242 Posts
Have a guy that is selling an Xcal 2 for $200. Already verified its unlocked, has all the cables, software etc...

The question I have is, with my current mods of Underdrive Pulleys, CAI, and catback, what kind of HP increase would I potentially be seeing from a 93 Octane tune (easily available in my area), and tuned for the CAI, Pulleys and Exhaust?

Also, I would probably be doing the tuning myself, or if someone has a recommendation on who to talk to about a tune, that would be awesome as well.
I don't know about how much you will gain, but you will definitely notice it :yes

If you want to get into tuning then I recommend talking to joe at tricktuners.com and also reading some of his forums...very informative :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My main concern, is that I will get it, do the tune, and not notice anything. I know you read everywhere, that with just a 93 Octane tune, should get 22+ HP, I know thats BS, but I would expect with the intake, exhaust and pulleys, with a good tune, I should notice a difference.

I will check out that website too.

One other question. Any benefit of getting an Xcal 2 vs an Xcal 3?

·
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji
5,242 Posts
My main concern, is that I will get it, do the tune, and not notice anything. I know you read everywhere, that with just a 93 Octane tune, should get 22+ HP, I know thats BS, but I would expect with the intake, exhaust and pulleys, with a good tune, I should notice a difference.

I will check out that website too.

One other question. Any benefit of getting an Xcal 2 vs an Xcal 3?
You will feel the difference lol

And not really any benefit getting the 3 over the 2. Only difference is how many custom tunes it will hold on it I believe.

Or you could go the extra step like me and get a LiveWire :p :lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.