Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the SCT X3.

This is where I am at,

I Have the drivers installed and updated and the "SCT Device Updater" downloaded.

I Cant choose "Automatically Check for Updates", or "Load Custom Tune File". Basically None of the Basic operations buttons will work because the Updater can not acquire the device.

My computer shows that its plugged in. Ive tried it in firmware mode and in regular mode.

Any Ideas whats going on?

Also on a side note. I bought the car and they stated it was tuned. I am not sure what the tune is, which is why I bought the tuner. To put one on that I know of. Will this flash over the previous tune or do I need to drive to the ford dealer to get flashed to stock?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Feb '14 ROTM
7,253 Posts
I had the same problem. Turns out my tuner was a SCT SF3 and not a X3. Basically the same thing but the drivers are different and wont recognize the device.

They are side by side on the SCT website. See if that works.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep its the ford ones. FML lol... Ive been trying to figure this out for hours.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the same problem with my tuner. I gave up on it, honestly.

You should still be able to back up the stock file and put custom tunes on the device - mine lets me do that. I just can't update it.

As far as the tune goes, the car is still married to the other SCT device that flashed it, so you'd need to get it flashed back to stock.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My problem is a little different. I can not even load my custom tunes because my SCT Updater can not acquire the device.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
As far as the tune goes, the car is still married to the other SCT device that flashed it, so you'd need to get it flashed back to stock.
Actually it is the other way around. The previous tuner is married to the car, the car never gets married to a handheld tuner. It's kinda like one of those relationships that one can fool around and the other can't. You can use your new tuner on the car, it will just use the current tune that's in there as the stock tune, which is fine.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
My problem is a little different. I can not even load my custom tunes because my SCT Updater can not acquire the device.
When I first started using my Xcal3 the software would not recognize my device but I was still able to upload tunes or whatever. Since then it has fixed itself and now recognizes my device. But your issue seems a little different. Did you adjust the download speed to match? I know I had to change the baud rate or something like that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually it is the other way around. The previous tuner is married to the car, the car never gets married to a handheld tuner. It's kinda like one of those relationships that one can fool around and the other can't. You can use your new tuner on the car, it will just use the current tune that's in there as the stock tune, which is fine.
sweet, saves me a trip. If only I can load these tunes... lol. Im about to try another computer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fixed the issue. My old piece of **** laptop just couldn't find the device. Installed on the newer desktop... Updated and installed tunes without a problem. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Hey guys a little trick in the future for everyone on this issue. Most of the time when the SCT doesnt connect it is your comp's firewall blocking it. Just disable the firewall for a minute so that the comp will read and allow the device to connect then re-connect the firewall.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts