Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was debating on whether to get gears or a tuner first. well i decided on a tuner, however i really like sct xcal 3 but all the shops around here only use diablo. should i be ok with getting the sct or should i get the diablo? this is just gonna be a bolt on car with 100 shot later on

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts
SCT!!! Better, especially for modded cars.

FYI: You can buy a custom tuned SCT tuner from American Muscle for the mods you have now, and even get free tunes emailed to you to download to your tuner if you do any further modifications.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you get a better gain, from a custom sct tune?? vs a preloaded tune. i only have a couple of minor bolt ons.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if i get the one with preloaded tunes can i still get custom tunes emailed to me later on??

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts
do you get a better gain, from a custom sct tune?? vs a preloaded tune. i only have a couple of minor bolt ons.
Preloaded is good. If you really want to optimize the performance with the mods you have- I recommend the custom tune. Plus it doesn't cost any more than a preloaded one:D

·
Registered
634 Posts
SCT!!! Better, especially for modded cars.

FYI: You can buy a custom tuned SCT tuner from American Muscle for the mods you have now, and even get free tunes emailed to you to download to your tuner if you do any further modifications.
if i get the one with preloaded tunes can i still get custom tunes emailed to me later on??
I don't know can you??

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts
Through AM, yes! American Muscle offers free tunes with SCT purchases, they will still do a custom tune on a preloaded tuner purchase if you wish to do so later;) Just call them and they will email you a custom tune to download into your tuner when you are ready.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Through AM, yes! American Muscle offers free tunes with SCT purchases, they will still do a custom tune on a preloaded tuner purchase if you wish to do so later;) Just call them and they will email you a custom tune to download into your tuner when you are ready.
Yessir they will!! :) if you have any questions about the tuners bro....hit up AMNick on here and he can lead you in the right direction for you tuner set-up and everything. i am picking me one up here in the next couple of months when i come back stateside to get my girl running like a champ!!

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
honestly if I were to make the decision between gears and a tuner I would gun for the gears. You will get more results out of the gears then the few ponies you gain out of a lightly modded car with a can tune. you will be hard pressed to feel the difference with a tune but will think it is a new car with gears.

·
Registered
978 Posts
honestly if I were to make the decision between gears and a tuner I would gun for the gears. You will get more results out of the gears then the few ponies you gain out of a lightly modded car with a can tune. you will be hard pressed to feel the difference with a tune but will think it is a new car with gears.
yeah, but your gonna need a tuner to compensate for the gear change anywho.....so do tuner first....then hit them gears up baby!! :D

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
i was debating on whether to get gears or a tuner first. well i decided on a tuner, however i really like sct xcal 3 but all the shops around here only use diablo. should i be ok with getting the sct or should i get the diablo? this is just gonna be a bolt on car with 100 shot later on
Ive used them both. They both have ups and downs but I would go with diablo simply because thats what the people in your area use. On the other hand.

Sct is simple to use, loads faster than diablo, no hitting yes, yes, ok, continue, etc bs and waiting in between and doesnt seem to lock up in the middle of using (read below). Used it for about a year no problems at all.

As far as diablo goes its simple to use as well, seems to me it has a bit more end user adjustability, easier to use, and best of all it has tons of live data viewing options. On the other hand I found it to be slow compared to the sct x3. Takes a bit longer to load tunes, seems to lock up, and i ONCE had it lock up on me during loading the tune...that didnt work out very well at all to say the least, and this was in the matter of about 2 months. I havent touched the thing since.

If you need a dyno tune, need to go somwhere local etc then the diablo is best as said above. If youre just going with simple bolt ons etc I HIGHLY recommend getting the sct x3 and getting an email tune from vmptuning.com. When I ran na with cams and a few bolt ons they did an email tune for me that was spot on other than 1st gear held for a bit too long if I was rolling through a parking lot etc...which is no big deal...It was wayyyyy better than the dyno tune i have for what im running now. Then again the place that did the dyno tune is HORRIBLE and it was a last resort to go there. Bamachips here I come (hopefully within the next 2-3 months).

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I love the Sniper tuner.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts