Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what tuner would you guys recommend for my 04' mach..

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
if going to be doing dyno tuning with it, get one that the tuner will use. if just going to be tweaking a little on a canned tune, then i would go with diablo or sct.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I've been told countless times SCT is the way to go, I'm getting my car Dyno next spring and they use SCT tunners to store the tunes.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
id find what ur tuner uses like sweets said, but id get the sct

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Another vote for the SCT. Not that the diablosport is not nice, it is, it just seems more tuners in my area use SCT.

·
Registered
638 Posts
SCT worked well on my 2v.

speaking of...quick question Im gonna sneak in if you dont mind...

The GT was totalled and I have a locked x-cal 3 thats I would like to use for my Mach. The 2v is useless and computerless, can I unlock my tuner? How?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think its useless unless you put the factory tune back in the car. but done quote me

·
Bearer of Bad News
2,478 Posts
I have a Sniper and an SCT X3

I don't believe the SCT has the option to turn off the rear O2 sensors. Other than that though, I can't see a reason why not to get either. Fewer tuners use Sniper though.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I have a Sniper and an SCT X3

I don't believe the SCT has the option to turn off the rear O2 sensors. Other than that though, I can't see a reason why not to get either. Fewer tuners use Sniper though.
u can use both tuner?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so you can turn off the rear o2s with the sct x3

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
SCT worked well on my 2v.

speaking of...quick question Im gonna sneak in if you dont mind...

The GT was totalled and I have a locked x-cal 3 thats I would like to use for my Mach. The 2v is useless and computerless, can I unlock my tuner? How?
send it to sct so they can unlock it for like $150 or so.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I like SCT. I run the XCAL 3 but a livewire or there newest one would be sweet. especially since I get almost half off thru SCT from my school ha.

But if you get your SCT from AM and get one of there tunes it does work. It showed an extra 5 horse and I think it was 17 ft lbs. which isnt that much but its not bad.

and SCT's advantage tuning software isnt horrible to use. I just recently dyno tuned my car with it and it wasnt all that bad. not as nice as AEM but not bad

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I've heard many times that the livewire is junk.

Other SCT stuff is fine but I have read tons of posts where people said they really didnt like it.

I dont have any real experience with it though so do your own research.... Just pointing out what I've read.

·
Registered
14 Posts
SCT Tuner 3 is a quality hand held but you cannot replace a tune on a dyno burned to SCT 3 chip!!! If you can afford taking the car to a tuner to dyno from idle to WOT you will maximize the most out of it..

·
Registered
169 Posts
when you get a custom tune do you have to have a handheld or can they just do a custom tune?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Delta Force (formerly Sniper) dealers can do a flash only tune , all other brands require a handheld or chip
:sorry that blows:confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts