Modded Mustang Forums banner

Tuner

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  06RedfireGT 
#1 ·
I want to get a tuner my only issue is do i buy a tuner and do it myself or have it dyno'd, nitrous is in the near future, so. do i get a handheld to adjust the timing or get a dyno tune and a flip chip?

#2 ·
dyno tune would be your best bet but with a handheld you can always adjust stuff on the fly. im sure everyone on here will agree that dyno tune is better but handhelds aren't bad. i love mine.

#3 ·
which handheld would be the best, im not to worried about cost just because i dont like going cheap on my cars when it comes to stuff like that. i hear alot about diablosport and sniper?

#4 ·
SCT XCAL2 FTW...

The best you can buy IMHO...

You need to check with the shop that does your tuning though to see if they use SCT, Diablo, or Sniper though before buying a handheld...

#5 ·
IMHO, I would find out what the local performance shop that you will deal with sells. I bought a Diablo and and all of the closest shops use SCT Software, so I only have one play to go get a custom tune on my Diablo. I fortunately have a buddy that works there now, so it's cool. They're all similar. I have heard bad things about sniper software, but that was with diesels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.