Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who can answer a couple questions about tuners/chips? i will be needing a tune soon after my gears go in later in may/june, and i am looking at the sct/diablo. anyways, when i get the tuner, do i have to have a chip also? do i have to keep the tuner installed in my car to use the tune, or can it just download to my computer? can i change my tune as products change? i know this probly seems like dumb questons, but have never needed a tuner before. the 50 stangs were easier to work with sometimes. not so much computer stuff. thanks

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
No, you do not need a chip. The units come with a cable to plug into your diagnostic port and it flashes the new tune into the computer. I'm pretty sure that you can upload the tune and disconnect and you will hold the new tune until you plug the tuner back in and change whatever parameters needed (my Livewire hasn't been in my car for a few good months now). As for new products, I know SCT offers downloading of updated software, but I don't know about the Diablo. Also, I've heard good things about Sniper products, as well, and their software goes into your home computer and adjust everything from there.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Supra covered most of it. You just plug it in and load the tune. If you install new parts the SCT X3 has some preloaded options for making adjustments to the tune easier. But either the X3 or diablo are great tuners. My X3 came with a pc cable so I can download updates from SCT's website and if you want a custom tune from some of the internet tuning places like Bamachips, brenspeed,etc you just send them a data log and a list of your mods and they will e-mail you a custom tune, then you just download it to your tuner and plug it into your car and load. The handheld doesn't have to stay connected. There are adjustable parameters in all of them for small end user adjustments. They are pretty easy to use.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
im not trying to jack your thread. but my friend let me try his diablo for the day before and i put 93 in my tank. does it automatically tune to 93 or do u have to set it with the diablo?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts