Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to get the sct tuner and tunes from bamachips but I don't know what tunes to get. I just want my dd to have a little more get up and go. I don't see myself ever going to the track so this would just be for the street. Thanks Stephen

·
Registered
160 Posts
for a daily driver, bama can write you a pretty good tune for your mustang. i would suggest you get a cold air intake aswell. you can get a tuner and a cai for about $600. that will help put some pep in your pony.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
You should get a torque tune. And if you still want more options, a performance, and race tune will do you well.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
Not at all...just make sure you always use 93 :yes

I run a 93 tune at all times on the cobra :D
Hey!! Me too...:shiftyeyes

I've always had better luck with 93, and will only use 93 once a car is tuned for it. I would never go back to 87.

·
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji
5,242 Posts
Hell yeah man...I gained like 130hp....

Oh your talking about the tunes, not switching from a v6 to a cobra :dunno

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hell yeah man...I gained like 130hp....

Oh your talking about the tunes, not switching from a v6 to a cobra :dunno
:lmao dont you guys have to run 93 octane in all cobras anyways?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I would just get the race tune for whichever is the best octane commonly available to you.

I love my 91 race tune I got from bama, was the best 50 I ever spent. That along with my intake, and the car was just completely different. Exhaust was a lot deeper, all of that throttle lag was gone. I daily drive my car as well, and overall it got about 2mpg better average in the city and on the highway.

I also drive the car very hard constantly, so I was surprised the car got any gain in mileage at all.

I say just get the race tune, it's not like you just can't stop yourself from redlining the car on that tune, and that way the performance is always there while driving. The car likes to spin the tires a lot more, and step out with that tune, but that's also mainly the driver controlling it. The tune just makes it that much easier to do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts