Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What parameters need to be tuned for delete plates? For example... High octane tune requires Spark Advance tuning.

Steeda has a tune in the SCT tuner, but I have a DiabloSport... what do I need to adjust?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I am not sure how to self adjust for delete plates. I would get an email tune from either bamachips or brooksspeed.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paying $75.00 for a part-custom tune seems a little unreasonable especially if you have to get a new tune for every new component one bolts on. After all, they are using the same software that already exists on the tuners, all I want to know is which parameter they are tweeking for delete plates.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Have checked over at the diablo website? They might be able to help. On your sig, it says you have a Diablo 91 octane custom tune. Did you have a dyno shop give you a dyno tune or is this the tune that was preloaded on the diablo?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used a JLT 91 Octane tune and turned it into a "custom-ish" 93 Octane tune while on a dyno. But all that required was looking at my air/fuel ratio and adjusting my spark advance to combat detonation. I guess what I should do is do some serious research about the DiabloSport, either that or pay the price. :D

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I would spend the $75 or so and get an email tune from one of the above mentioned tuners. I would get the tune from brooksspeed at Brooks Speed - Custom Ford, GM, Dodge Tuning as he is easier to get a hold of and his tunes arrive quickly.

·
Registered
337 Posts
IMO, if you can get the tune for $75, I would see if you can just roll with that. for how much some parts and modifications cost, $75 down't sound like a bad price to just get the car buttoned up and working with your new delete plates.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I was browsing the forums at DiabloSport :: Gas and Diesel Tuning Systems. Some one asked about delete plates and according to diablosport, the predator doesn't have the ability on its own to tune for delete plates. You either need a dyno tune (not worth it) or an email tune.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Are you going to do a custom dyno tune or an email tune? I would do the email tune, as it's not worth paying 300+ for a dyno tune. I would only do a dyno tune if you were F/I.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Mine does not have the delete plate option.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Paying $75.00 for a part-custom tune seems a little unreasonable especially if you have to get a new tune for every new component one bolts on. After all, they are using the same software that already exists on the tuners, all I want to know is which parameter they are tweeking for delete plates.
It might be the same software but you have no where near the control over the PCM as a custom tuner. Spend the money on a custom tune and you'll be good to go. Tuning for delete plates isn't just turning the CMCV motor off. There is also part throttle tuning that needs to be done to maintain part throttle power as well as mileage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.