Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
adjust timing, fuel pressure possibly burn a chip to create more aggressive timing and fuel curves

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would it be wise to adjust timing withought a chip and mybe fuel pressure if mine is adjustable?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
You dont to need modify the computer to adjust timing and fuel pressure. Taking it to a shop just for those reasons would be a waste of money, because it can be done in your driveway. You can adjust your fuel pressure, only if you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. The stock regulators arent adjustable.

·
Registered
685 Posts
If you just have bolt ons I would tweak it myself. A custome chip would probably net you a little more power but for alot more price.

·
Registered
685 Posts
A wideband is a nice tool to have when you are tweaking it yourself

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
A custom tune (i.e. chip or stand alone) changes the tables stored in the computer. These tables tell the computer what timing and fuel should be under a given set of conditions. By having these tables adjusted to fit your cars needs you will make significantly more power and drive ability will improve. If you are going somewhere to just have your fuel and timing set, that is not worth it, but if you are going somewhere that has the ability to custom tune the stock electronics, that is a different story.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so mostly its an adjustment of the computer reading then an adjustment of the actual thing ie: timing to get a custom tune?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts