Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2000 GT mostly stock, with K&N CAI, and Bassani Cat-back. I've read a lot about tuning. Do I have to buy my own tuner and take it to someone to tune my car, or can I just take it to a shop and have my car tuned.

Any tips? Suggestions?

Thnks

·
Registered
806 Posts
you really don't need a tune with just those mods.

but you can tune your car if you buy a programmer, have a wideband 02 and know what your doing.

but most people take it to a shop.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
You need to go to your local performance shop( or whoever is going to be tuning your car). See what kind of software they use, probably SCT. Then you can buy a handheld tuner. Like said though, you really dont need one untill you get a few more mods.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Well when I got my stang it was diablo tuned with the diablo tuner. The tuning is saved on it from what the tech told me. But I shouldnt have to retune it after disconnecting the battery right?

·
Registered
852 Posts
and ya it was dynod before I got it. and from the tune it was saved on the diablo tuner.

Also would adding bolt ons after a tune would the ECU just adapt to the add ons and gain more power?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
You don't have to reload anything if you disconnect the battery. It is stored in the computer until you pull it out or have the computer reflashed

·
Registered
339 Posts
imo i would not invest in a tune until you start going f/i,spraying or running heads and cams or rebuilding motor.
my tune cost me 800.00 but i have a paxton on my car.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
If your just talking about getting a mail order tune (ie a sct xcal), then ya sure go for it...if your talking about dyno tuning your car, dont bother with your current mods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts