Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have a couple questions pertaining tuning for a 4v/Mark VIII Swap. Any help or input would be much appreciated.

Little background info. I did a M8 swap last January and bought a Bama tuner from AM. Well when they sent it to me it had no tunes on it for my mods. I called them and they said my car is too heavily modified for them to tune for.

Whats done, M8 swap using the following parts.

M8 intake mani, IMRC Delete
M8 cams
M8 intake tube married to gt intake tube to fit mustang engine bay
24# injectors
BBK LT headers
O/R X pipe
flowmaster w/ turndowns
EGR Delete, Rear o2s turned off and tune set to 93 by myself using BAMA.
Stock Gears

My questions are as follows, since i been running un-tuned for a year and its been ok. Other than cold starts its rough to idle.

Can I just have AM send me a tune for a GT with the above listed power adders?

Or if I tell them its a cobra can they send me a tune with the above listed power adders?

Which option would be better for me/easier for them to email tune and get it closer?

IDK if the tunes they send are re-writes of the whole ecm (i.e. telling them a cobra wont work because its a stock gt ecm that its trying to go off) or if its just a parameter adjustment file.

Again any help is appreciated. I just feel like I wasted money on the tuner because all I have used it for was to turn the o2s off and the EGR. And at that cost I could have put my cats back on and hooked the EGR back up and saved the money. And the things been sitting on my toolbox for a year now unused.

Josh

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Hey everyone I have a couple questions pertaining tuning for a 4v/Mark VIII Swap. Any help or input would be much appreciated.

Little background info. I did a M8 swap last January and bought a Bama tuner from AM. Well when they sent it to me it had no tunes on it for my mods. I called them and they said my car is too heavily modified for them to tune for.

Whats done, M8 swap using the following parts.

M8 intake mani, IMRC Delete
M8 cams
M8 intake tube married to gt intake tube to fit mustang engine bay
24# injectors
BBK LT headers
O/R X pipe
flowmaster w/ turndowns
EGR Delete, Rear o2s turned off and tune set to 93 by myself using BAMA.
Stock Gears

My questions are as follows, since i been running un-tuned for a year and its been ok. Other than cold starts its rough to idle.

Can I just have AM send me a tune for a GT with the above listed power adders?

Or if I tell them its a cobra can they send me a tune with the above listed power adders?

Which option would be better for me/easier for them to email tune and get it closer?

IDK if the tunes they send are re-writes of the whole ecm (i.e. telling them a cobra wont work because its a stock gt ecm that its trying to go off) or if its just a parameter adjustment file.

Again any help is appreciated. I just feel like I wasted money on the tuner because all I have used it for was to turn the o2s off and the EGR. And at that cost I could have put my cats back on and hooked the EGR back up and saved the money. And the things been sitting on my toolbox for a year now unused.

Josh

Josh,

I'm sorry that you were put under the impression we could tune for your 4v swap. Unfortunately, we're unable to tune for this swap via email. A setup like this should really be dyno tuned when the tuner can see how the engine is behaving right in front of them, especially when using a 2v GT PCM. Luckily, you did not actually waste your money on a Bama tune because this SF3 tuner can still be used to hold custom dyno tune calibrations on. So, if you're able to find a Speed Shop in the area that uses SCT software (most do), then they'll still hook up your Bama tuner.

If you're having a hard time finding a near by Speed Shop, give the Bama Team a call and they'll be able to help you find one. Also, let me know if there's anything else I can help you with too!

Shane

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Digging this up. I know it will do fine. Its been running for over a year on the stock GT ECM/Tune but I know I'm losing power, fuel eco, and its only safer for the engine for it to run 100%

I guess I just gotta stop being a broke ass and just go get it dyno tuned. Sucks that AM did not advertise that little tidbit of info on thier site. Or I wouldn't have bought this worthless piece of crap. I mean seriously. I watched a vid on their website and the guy says "best part about it is if you add headers or an intake down the road you can just go into the handheld and adjust it for the following. Its as easy as that."

Fing BS. I can't change **** with mine other than o2s EGR injector size and MAF size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts