Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my next mod will be a tuner. Obviously I need it, and I want it so, I come to the forums for guidance.

What is better/difference in xcal 2, 3 or the predator.

I was browsing Bama, and brenn, And I keep seeing dollar signs next to diff tunes. You have to pay for new tunes for diff mods? I thought it was free?

Also who is better to buy from....brenn or bama?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
They are both pretty good but I beileve bamachips will give you free retunes for a little while if you buy the tuner and a tune from them. VMPtunning does this too I think.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
if you but an xcal from trick tuners ( he is a vendor here) he offers 2 years of free retunes if you decide to add mods.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats his tag? Ill pm him.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Trick tuners!!! Thats who I was thinking about.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Well so far the SCT seems to be the most tuner friendly, lets you adjust more settings. My Xcal2 works fine, 3 is supposed to replace it but it has been having a few issues/bugs recently, the Livewire is an option, but its alittle more expensive. Brenspeed has been good to me so far, but I've heard good things aboug Bama's tunes as well. Brenspeeds customer service is top notch and once you get a tune from Brenspeed they will adjust your tune for free for minor mods bought from them.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone have any experience with trick tuners? Seems like a good deal.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just buy the gears, delete plates, and supercharger with the tuner then you wont need to worry about free tunes in the future. you will be done. Actually at that point you wont need to worry about online tunes period, it will be dyno tune time.

Not a very helpful post was it?:no
:no

Will the tune mess with my remote start?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts