Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up MM.
I have finally made my mind up and ready to take my car to the next level.
My goal is to build a turbo 2v Daily Driver. I want to make 450rwhp+ but since I'm not building my block just yet ill settle for around 400rwhp on a safe tune. I plan on getting the on3 kit might be getting it in a couple of days, some guy is selling the whole kit for $1200 without turbo though. My budget is around $4500 but will be getting more money every other week. I never built a turbo car but I'm willing to give it a chance. I will be putting it together at home with my dad and friends. My only concern is what fuel route to take to handle that much hp? My car and current mods are 2000 mustang gt, bbk CAI , 4.10 gears, 3' X-pipe, Magnaflow catback exhaust , zex Nitrous kit (havent used it yet but its installed) it has a few suspension mods also. Please if you can give me any tips about this sort of build it will be much appreciated. Also I have read many builds just wanted to make my own thread because not all of us have the same questions. Also feel free to throw ur 2cents out there. Thank you MM family. Wish me luck

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
im not too sure about GT's but I know for a V6 4.10's are a little tall for turbo, 3.55 was ideal.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Go with 3.55s or stock 3.27s with a turbo. Low gear like 4.10s will hurt the turbo spool

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
It spools off of exhaust gas. Low gearing like 4.10s, don't cause nearly as much engine load as 3.27s would.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
No problem! Do some research on how a turbo works as ****, you'll learn a lot.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
People run 4:10s but you would want a 28in tire for it. Those gears don't give you enough time in one gear and ESP worse for a stick IMO I run 3:55s with an auto and 28in tires. First gear runs quick. But that's also a low 6200 rpm redline. With a 6500 plus they will be great.

Just get the k member the kits are built around. Look for cracks and such on the piping and welds. I run a single gt supercar pump and a 40amp bap. I'm at 80% duty cycle at around 420rwhp thru the auto.

·
Pimp
664 Posts
Not sure if UPR k member will work with stock control arms but id get new control, coil overs with new struts. Prob 600 bucks give or take for front end + 200-600 for k member.

I bought a granatelli used for 200 and works but i have the first gen on3, id call chad or find someone who has installed the 2nd gen and see what k member they used.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Which On3 kit are you getting. The first Gen kit was built to use a QA1 K member and a arms, and the second Gen forward facing kit was built around the UPR K. Theres a guy over on Corral that you can buy the K member a arms and coilover stuff for 650 shipped.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts