Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am finishing up my build and at the last minute decided to scrap the vortech and go turbo, I picked up the hp292 blower cams to go with it because they would clear with no PTV issues "I do not have valve reliefs in my pistons" so now I am trying to sell them and find a good turbo can that will work with my setup, built short block, and the stainless valves I have give an additional .020 of clearance, do any of you know what turbo cams I can run without reliefs? I was thinking MMR stage 2, cms stage 2.5 or MHS stage 2.5, thanks guys! All input and opinions are appreciated!!

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Explain in detail why the HP 292 will give you issues? I am using them on my stock shortblock with ported heads.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not talking about PTV issues, and they would be amazing if I stayed with my vortech setup, I just don't think they will be ideal with my turbo setup, I was saying I bought them because they would have no PTV issues and I'm looking for the same thing in a turbo cam

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How well do their turbo cams preform? I mean I'm not above having my pistons notched, mainly I want the best turbo cam for my setup, 5.0 cammer crank, MMR rods, Manley pistons, 9.5:1 compression, ported and polished heads, single 76mm shooting for around 20psi

·
Savage 2v
1,701 Posts
MHS Stage 2 will do just fine. Don't need the 2.5s. I have the Stage 2's with my 76mm. Don't forget some tough valvesprings either

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MHS Stage 2 will do just fine. Don't need the 2.5s. I have the Stage 2's with my 76mm. Don't forget some tough valvesprings either
What boost are you making? And my heads have the full treatment, ported and polished, bronze guides, stainless valves, and Manley springs, I wanna say there 150lbs?

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Mine are 232/230 .560/.560 115lsa and I dont have reliefs.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
They were custom and I was told that they are pretty big.
My car made 78rwhp more with these over the stock cams at the same 20psi on same dyno.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts