Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a buddy that has an 06 gt, and when he bought the car he bought a complete turbo kit. Its got the tuner chip, bigger injectors all of the tubing, and some other stuff.

Well the kit has been sitting in his garage for like a year, because he hasnt had time or money to install it. and then this morning on his way to work the idiot got into a police chase and ran. Stupid thing is he went to work after the chase!? so they found his car at work, then came in and arrested him.

So now i know he's gonna be needing some money, plus he prolly wont have the car any more. so i was wondering, what all would have to be changed to adapt an 06 turbo kit onto my 01 gt? is it even worth thinkin about? im not sure what its gonna cost to get the kit, but im sure he'll be selling it dirt cheap now.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
you will be looking into a toatally different set up to make it adapt. you will replace pretty much everything if you were to fit it to your car.

·
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats about what i thought, it would end up being easier to just buy a kit.... plus im not that big of fan on turbo, i like super better (yes i know that turbo are more effiecent)

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Maybe (maybe) take the turbo, and depending on the flange, you could order a hot-side kit and route all the intake yourself...

But it would be a hell of a lot easier to get a kit made specifically for your car.

·
Registered
371 Posts
haha what were they chasing him for? might want to consider hanging out with a different crowd haha

·
2,189 Posts
"Let me get this straight- you pulled my turbo kit, hocked it, and not giving me any money?"

"You're won't have use for money where you're going. Besides, it was clogging your tail pipe up...I mean...your exhaust had too much pressure...I mean...****...DON'T DROP THE SOAP!"

·
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well he's not from my "crowd" im a sales man at a lumberyard, and he's one of my clients. doing a house remodel about 30 miles away. so i do alot of business with him, wont be any more haha

But as for now i think i'll skip the whole turbo kit, because id rather do a centri blower any way... or a KB haha

He was running because they caught him doing like 145 down the high way this morning, idiot haha

·
2,189 Posts
Wow. You really have to be late for work to be doing 145.

I mean, 140, yeah, completely understandable, but 145 is just unacceptable

:D

·
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha, yea, then they came over the scanner saying they've found the yellow mustang. he drove to work, parked and went inside like nothin had happened. they said the stang was sitting in the parking lot still hot. so they went inside and arrested him!!! hahahah

·
Registered
371 Posts
I feel like things like that happen a lot in kansas

·
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
things like what happen alot here in kansas? haha

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
Well he's not from my "crowd" im a sales man at a lumberyard, and he's one of my clients. doing a house remodel about 30 miles away. so i do alot of business with him, wont be any more haha

But as for now i think i'll skip the whole turbo kit, because id rather do a centri blower any way... or a KB haha

He was running because they caught him doing like 145 down the high way this morning, idiot haha
I guy I used to work with claimed to have the fastest Porsche in Indiana (self proclaimed). He got clocked going 150 on the way to work. He just kept going, drove it into the garage where we tune the audio in the cars, closed the door, and left it there for a month.

·
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lmfao, if its the fastest porshe in indiana, he shoulda been clocked at alot more then 150! haha its a good thing they didnt catch him! that would have been bad!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Find out if he wants to sell it and how much I may know a guy looking for a kit. Oh and i've been arrested doing 126 in a 45 that cost me around 800 in court costes and fines. But that was in my skittle while racing a 6spd 01' ss he got clocked at 116.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I ran from the cops once. I was being stupid. Blew up my car and got 2 years probation. Was not worth it. Just pull over and take it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts