Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a good deal on a brand new dart block. the plan is to build a 347-363 turbo stroker motor. goal of 1000hp. what crank, rod, and piston combo would you go with? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Depends on your budget. I wouldn't go with eagle though. Scat if you're trying to go cheap, or bryant, callies, or K1, are what you should go with if you're trying to make 1000hp. Probe pistons are nice and mark at probe has a good reputation. Scat rods on the cheap side, Oliver rods if you want to do it right. There's a ton of products that will keep 1000hp from destroying your bottom end, but it won't be cheap and I wouldn't suggest going with cheap parts or you're living on borrowed time.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Coast High Performance Dominator kit it good for that HP in a Dart block.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
**** Probe. My buddy had a ****ed up piston that raised up above the top ring land on one side. Probe said his gap was too tight on his rings and they wouldn't warranty it. He set the gap per their recommendation. He rechecked his gap and reported back that it was within their spec. They didn't care. His machinist sent the piston to them and said he verified everything, they still didn't care. JE ftmfw.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Damn, that doesn't sound like them from what I've seen. Mark posts a lot over on hardore5.0 and on yellowbullet. Maybe your friend should get in touch with him directly and bring that to his attention, see if he gets anywhere.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I couldn't tell ya who exactly that they talked to over there, all I know is that he was pissed. His ring gap fell into the same specs as procharger recommended too. Had a couple months and less than 1000 miles on it. So he bought one new piston from them, but I know that will be his last purchase with them. They just kept saying that his ring gap had to have been too tight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts