Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
UCC
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of enough fuel to run e85 and 10 psi on a built 2v. I am contemplating running dual 340 pumps in the stock fuel hat but there is also a 525 fuel pump from walbro. I will be running a 8an feed and a 6an return. The feed is off the stock hat with an adapter from lethal. the return will be drilled in the hat with a fitting and hose to return the fuel in the corner of the tank. My question is what is the benifit if any of running the basket? What does it do? can i just hang the pumps like the fore hat?

setup
11.1 built teksid arp hardware
4v oil pump with billet gear
stock heads and cams with valvesprings
CG fab hotside
new 76mm on3 turbo
on3 wastegate and bov
edelbrock manifold with edelbrock rails and 1000cc fuel injectors
aeromotive or fuel lab regulator

any advise would be helpful as i am ordering parts next week.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I have a complete 04 cobra dual hat with fuel pumps and uncut wire harness listed for sale as well as two new Walbro Ford GT Improved E85 pumps. Also have new 80lb Siemen Deka Injectors. Listed in classifieds. PM if interested.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
What power are you shooting for. First thing don't use on3 wastegate or BOV. Get good parts tial or turbosmart wastegates. At 11.1 I wouldn't skimp on fuel parts either. I have new been a fan of cobbled together fuel systems. Buy a multi pump hat. I went with a 10an feed to an 8y feeding front of both rails and 6 an return. As far as pumps I ran sumped tank with triple walbro 392's. 1000cc injectors will support about 850 on e85. That's over kill for your turbo selection you can save some money and pick up a set 80lbs injectors

·
UCC
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im shooting for 550 to the tire. Im tuning off wastegate spring. I understand the ideal situation would be to run a fore fuel system but for the goal im trying to get to is not necessary. I am wrapping up my final year of college. moving in october and losing my garage so i need to get the car running, everything is already put together so its not like i am making up a list of imaginary parts. Everything in the //setup. Is already installed and put together. I also have a set of trick flow heads from MHS but need cams but running low on cash for them and 120lb springs, valves etc. The final set up will be fore fuel system, ported tfs heads, Na svt cams, built 4r70 and holley efi and 800rwhp.

Current mods already installed
Wild ride s box
UPR upper and lowers
built rear end
mcleod clutch
billet flywheel
team z coilovers and k member
strange 10way
11.1 built teksid arp hardware
wiseco pistons, manley rods, thicker wrist pins and cobra crank .020 over
4v oil pump with billet gear
stock heads and cams with valvesprings(milled)
CG fab hotside (t04)
new 76mm on3 turbo (3" downpipe bumper exit)
on3 wastegate and bov
edelbrock manifold with edelbrock rails and 1000cc fuel injectors(already purchased)
aeromotive or fuel lab regulator (have both)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts