Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a turbo for my 94 cobra 331 stroker. I have found one at on3 performance. How good are these kits and is there anything else i would need to get?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
They have poor customer service from what ive read , and sell knock off fuel injectors but charge you for name brand. But i guess for the money its hard to beat. Ive also heard that the piping isnt so bad but some have had to replace the turbo after a year or two. But this is just a little of what ive read to i dont have any first hand experience

·
Registered
44 Posts
yeah ive heard a lot of mixed reviews honestly more not so good then good. I looked into one for the longest time but I just couldn't push myself into testing it. I do know that almost every video I saw they either blew up or they got rid of the turbo because it was too much trouble. but like he said ^^^ ive never had any first hand experience.

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
I have seen a couple guys on other forums have success with them but I have heard use your own fuel system not theirs

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
A buddy runs a on3 kit on his 95 5.0.. Cars move out pretty good for a stock 5.0 with just the kit slapped on.

Also hear mixed reviews..

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Ive seen the kits work really well. Dint buy their maf, dont buy their fuel system parts. Get the 70 mm kit and replace the wastegate with a high quality one. Dont use their oil return line, make your own. Ive had one make 550 on my dyno.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
^x2 I'm currently piecing together my on3 kit. (all I got was the hot and coldside, turbo, wastegate and BOV) from what I got everything seems to be pretty decent quality.

Definitely don't get any of their fuel stuff and don't get their pre tuned chip either. Take it to a dyno and get a custom tune.

Also something to remember is the stock cobra t5 is rated at around 300 hp and tq. With a stroker and turbo you'll be over that. Food for thought if you still have the stock trans

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts